Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have all the flavor and pg/vg & nic ingredients I need now and don't want to place an order, but I am running low on sweetener. Is there a way to make my own at home? Is it like a simple syrup? If so, does anyone have a recipe to make it? Thanks for any help.
If you check ingredients on most of the manufacturers websites it says the only thing in it are
Propylene Glycol, Water, Sucralose. see no reason you can't make your own as long as no fillers are included in what you buy.

:)

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I have all the flavor and pg/vg & nic ingredients I need now and don't want to place an order, but I am running low on sweetener. Is there a way to make my own at home? Is it like a simple syrup? If so, does anyone have a recipe to make it? Thanks for any help.

Yep, you can DIY sweetener, using sucralose, or Stevia. A 10% solution of sucralose in PG should work fine. But you probably don't want to use simple syrup. Not only will sucrose (or fructose) gunk coils like mad, it'll likely produce some compounds you're better off not inhaling. I'm pretty cavalier about, say, diketones, but I stay away from those (there are a couple of FW flavors that contain Fructose.)

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Yep, you can DIY sweetener, using sucralose, or Stevia. A 10% solution of sucralose in PG should work fine. But you probably don't want to use simple syrup. Not only will sucrose (or fructose) gunk coils like mad, it'll likely produce some compounds you're better off not inhaling. I'm pretty cavalier about, say, diketones, but I stay away from those (there are a couple of FW flavors that contain Fructose.)

Oh yeah was going to use stevia. I was just using "simple syrup " as a way to describe it. 10% thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: go_player

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Roughly 1½-2 years ago, I was looking for make-it-yourself sweetener options, and looked at Stevia discussions. ECF has (had?) multiple threads on the topic. As, I recall (and I may be totally wrong... please verify for your self;)), the primary concern(s) were "secondary" ingredients. Anti-caking agents for the powdered/granular versions; and "stabilizer/freshness/preservative" agents in liquids (fine for ingestion/unknown for inhalation). I couldn't find anything, in my own town, I felt comfortable with; so, I personally chickened out, and bought a small bottle from an on-line DIY vendor.

To help you with your own investigation: I did a quick search on ECF, in the DIY E-liquid sub-forum, for Stevia ("search titles only"), and limited the search to only the DIY sub ("search this forum only"), and got back a manageable 39 hits.
upload_2017-8-11_14-51-54.png

Here are my search results, if you don't feel like doing your own: Stevia search
=1&c[node]=38']:D

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Roughly 1½-2 years ago, I was looking for make-it-yourself sweetener options, and looked at Stevia discussions. ECF has (had?) multiple threads on the topic. As, I recall (and I may be totally wrong... please verify for your self;)), the primary concern(s) were "secondary" ingredients. Anti-caking agents for the powdered/granular versions; and "stabilizer/freshness/preservative" agents in liquids (fine for ingestion/unknown for inhalation). I couldn't find anything, in my own town, I felt comfortable with; so, I personally chickened out, and bought a small bottle from an on-line DIY vendor.

To help you with your own investigation: I did a quick search on ECF, in the DIY E-liquid sub-forum, for Stevia ("search titles only"), and limited the search to only the DIY sub ("search this forum only"), and got back a manageable 39 hits.
View attachment 678505

Here are my search results, if you don't feel like doing your own: Stevia search
=1&c[node]=38']=1&c[node]=38']:D
Thanks for your help. I'll take a look into it.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread