Can you guys tell me what 510 stuff do use with bottom feed? (Atomizer or carto..etc,) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
You can use either an atomizer or a carto depending on your preference. I know people that use atomizers exclusively on their feeders, but I also know people that like to use cartos as well. Try some of both, at various resistances, because in the end it is just a matter of finding the sweet spot for her, everyone is different.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Just a personal preference- I use atomizers and don't do well with cartomizers.
If she is going to be vaping tobacco flavored juices then go with the LR (low resistance) under 2.0 ohms...the smaller the number the hotter...I find 1.7 or 1.8 to be my sweet spot with these. If she is going to be vaping sweeter juices (fruity, etc.) then I would recommend 2.0 or larger ohms but not too much...the 3.7V battery may not warm up a 2.5ohm or larger to her liking. My preference for atomizers is the EM (5 pack at liberty-flights.com make sure to click their discount tag), Joye (http://www.rtdvapor.com/ATOMIZERS_c6.htm)- a bit more expensive but really good vapor (but little stiffer draw) and what ever brand it is that they are selling over at www.iVape.com (I have yet to figure out exactly what they are but they do work very well too)- oh and iVape has very good Boge Cartomizers too!! Good luck with your decision...even if you decide on atomizer or cartomizer there are still many choices out there.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I personally never liked botteomfeeders. I was strictly VV/DCC/Tank. I bought the Vmod XL from Vapage.com last month and have not really touched any of my other stuff since then. This bottomfeeder is comfortable, long-lasting (with 18650) and doesn't leak or give much, if any, problems. With that said, when you buy the Vmod XL you get a 2.2 ohm 510 Hybrid atty and 2.2ohm 510 Silo carto. I'd buy this set-up for my own Mom, given the circumstances. I'd suggest you strongly consider it, as well. Give her the option of either atty/carto she likes and order more. Personally, I like a modified (attached a 510 tube for 510 driptip use) 1.5ohm i06 atty from Ikenvape. It's more forgiving when it gets dry. It'll let you know before you get "scorched".

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
I personally never liked botteomfeeders. I was strictly VV/DCC/Tank. I bought the Vmod XL from Vapage.com last month and have not really touched any of my other stuff since then. This bottomfeeder is comfortable, long-lasting (with 18650) and doesn't leak or give much, if any, problems. With that said, when you buy the Vmod XL you get a 2.2 ohm 510 Hybrid atty and 2.2ohm 510 Silo carto. I'd buy this set-up for my own Mom, given the circumstances. I'd suggest you strongly consider it, as well. Give her the option of either atty/carto she likes and order more. Personally, I like a modified (attached a 510 tube for 510 driptip use) 1.5ohm i06 atty from Ikenvape. It's more forgiving when it gets dry. It'll let you know before you get "scorched".

I saw many reviews say that liquid leaks inside VMod?

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have two Reos and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Both atomizers and cartomizers work great with them.

That being said, if your mom is already set up with a mod that uses cartos tanks and her only issue is setting them up, consider a tank with a fill port like the M1A1 at notcigs.com. She could fill/refill them with a syringe and blunt tip needle or nifty needle cap bottles such as these. Prepunched cartos are sold by a lot of different vendors now, or you could just punch several for her to keep her in business.

Whatever you think will help her stay away from analogs is your best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread