Can you use dual airflow on a single coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey family,

I never see any reviewers on YouTube or in the forums where try use dual airflow if they are only running a single coil. I wonder why not ? I figured the first concern would be too much airflow- but what if the airflow holes were tiny in diameter ? Has anyone run there rba like this ?

The reason I ask is that I really like relatively low ohm builds (.5-.8) on my mechanical pieces - but I have some primitive rbas at the moment (that just have top caps with a single hole drilled and no dual or quad controls) and the vapor runs really hot to burning at those specs(.5-8ohm at 3.9 volts)

- I was about the drill out my single hole on my top cap for some more airflow to remedy the problem a little bit. But I was wondering instead of one big hole how would two smaller holes vape. Top caps aren't super expensive and I guess I can try it for myself but before I do that I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a dual airflow on a single coil. What are drawbacks etc.

Thanks all !

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I always thought that more air equaled more and cooler vapor and it needed to flow through the coil to be of any use. Kayfun owners are drilling the external air holes and the vertical one in the deck to open up the air for higher wattage and vapor.

I have a Genesis RSST that has the air hole in the top cap, but it's supposed to be turned so that the air flow goes past the coil, which is on the side of the deck. If it doesn't pass over the coil, then you are just getting air flow from the hole to the drip tip.

What atomizer are you considering doing this to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread