Good airhole plug for single coil use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hi all, I got my brass monkey rda in today and I'm absolutely loving it, it's my first non-clone and I'm already seeing many differences. I haven't tried dual coil that much as I've been going off 1300 spinner batteries, and they strain a little under the wraps I've made, but now that I have my vamo and rda...I think I'm a big fan :D.

Anyway it doesn't really make it less awesome that the brass monkey only has dual air hole capability, but I was wondering if any of you have every plugged an air-hole, or if there's already a solution I haven't found. I have a few ideas (not tape, thanks though), and all I've came up with so far are iron tap hole plugs that I use for smelting (heat-resistant duh), and I can grind them down to look flush. Or a less permanent solution that may work are these metal plugs that come in all drill bit sizes, and are removable (I think I'll most likely use these so I can remove them).

Just wondering if ECF has any advice on this? Thanks in advance, and cheers m'dears. :toast:

*edit* Btw I just thought I can probably drill a single hole opposing the dual airflow instead of plugging, so one side is blocked and one is open like most RDA's. But I have an extra brass cap that it comes with that I'll be drilling anyway, I think I'll use the brass cap for sub-ohming, what drill bit do most use to open up for sub-ohms, I was thinking 1/8th may be a little much.

View attachment 318388 View attachment 318387

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I drill mine out to 7/64" for my subohm builds. Works great for me. I tired a cap drilled out to 1/8" and it was a bit much airflow. I got lucky and grabbed a Halo top cap for my Igo-W 4 today at my B&M and it has adjustable airflow. SOOOO much nicer!!
Yeah it's nice to be able to fine tune for sure :D. It's funny you said that because on the spare cap that came with it, I drilled one 7/64, and the other 1/8t, and HOLY CRAP, no one told me airflow was THAT important lol :ohmy:. I actually prefer the 1/8th because I use "ridiculous" wattages and it's STILL refreshingly cool (which is how I like it), but I actually laughed out loud to myself when I blew that first surprising cloud. Man I'm going through alot of juice now.

p.s. sorry about the caps, I just never though it would be that easy to blow competition clouds lol and I'm excited about it. Turns out my coils weren't the problem, in fact they kick .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread