can you use xhale cartridge liquid to refill x2 cartomizers in a pinch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifabif

Jul 8, 2011
Oregon
I've been vaping for about a week now, and didn't catch on soon enough that I am on my last cartomizer. Even if I FedEx overnight it, I still won't get my new ones until Mon/Tues, and am already worried about how to get through the weekend. Hoping to save much of my last cartomizer for work tomorrow, went out and bought a pack of cigarettes, and after my first puff, was REPULSED!!! It smelled different, tasted different, and coming from someone who used to LOOOOVE smoking, there is no way I can get myself through that pack even mid nic-fit. (e-cigs just taste so clean)

I can't find any retailers with liquid for sale (checked a few smoke shops) and it seems if there are any e-cig supplies, they're the cartridges, and the cheapy xhale02 ones (*uneducated judgement, purely based on looks, and admittedly never tried one, so apologies to fans).

Since I don't think I can handle analogs this weekend without puking, is there anyway I can buy some xhale cartridges at 711, extract the liquid from them, and refill my x2 cartomizers with it? I keep thinking maybe putting the "juicy" cotton/wool into one of the cartomizer rubber caps, and squeezing/pouring, or would a syringe work?

So desperate here! And pleasantly surprised and proud at my newly realized repulsion to analogs! Wouldn't have believed that a month ago... :vapor:

Anyone?

Last edited:

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Hello wifabif and welcome to ECF. Yep one learns quickly to anticipate running out of supplies. That not only goes for juice, but for batteries and chargers and everything else one uses on a daily basis.

"Always have too much" is the rule. Then get some spares too, LOL.

OK, so here's what I think. Instead of just buying the cartridges and trying to extract the juice for your x2, consider purchasing the entire kit at 7-11 and use that to get you thru til your regular juice arrives.

I seriously doubt you will be able to extract much usable liquid to use in your x2 from those 7-11 cartos.

I am not familiar with an x2, but maybe, just maybe, the 7-11 cartos will screw right on to it.

Wifabif

Jul 8, 2011
Oregon
I actually have a tin of snus that's been on my mantle for a month - got a free pack of cigs if i bought the 2 dollar tin, and wanted the (essentially) $2 cigs (before vaping, of course!) earlier tonight, did a quick google (ah, desperation, and seeing 'unusable nicotine right in front of ya), but ran into a lot of people talking about purifying it, clarifying, saying it wouldn't be strong enough, etc. etc. and gave up reading. have to re-check it out though, and see what i find.

I'll have to see how much the whole 711 pack is, since I don't think it would work screwing them onto my battery, since I have to use cartomizers, and cartridges don't have the atomizer, but the 10 cartridges for 15 bucks intrigued me, and I figured I'd get a few days out of it. Thought about maybe getting one of the blu disposables, but at 20 bucks, I guess it would just be more economical to get the cheap starter pack for "emergencies".

Definitely got an idea of how long the cartoms last for me, and will DEFINITELY be planning ahead better in the future. though how sweet to know that I'd rather do the sciencey-lab, experiments and run-around than buy smokes? never would have called that, especially since I missed them a teeny bit in the beginning, but I think it was mostly the habit, and going outside, and getting a "mandatory" break from whatever I was doing. what a relief to know i really do hate 'em!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
My idea -- find a large smoke shop in your area -- the kind that cells cigars, pipe tobacco and more. I did in a similar pinch and got a somewhat overpriced but excellent little PV. They had filled cartridges for it too. Maybe I just lucked out---but it could be worth a try. What is wild is that I liked it better than my first "good" purchase that had been delayed (without letting me know) from the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread