• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canadian Vaping TV Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
*** I am unaware of any rules that don't permit me posting this here, however if there are rules about this I apologize for not observing them in advance. I am not going to be making money nor do I have anything to sell, this is merely to help the cause of the ECTA, give the talented folks here a platform and help spread the word about vaping and our cause, please feel free to contact me and/or delete this thread if it is inappropriate here ***

Hey folks,

With the awesome news around the forums & in the CAECB FaceBook group about the ECTA and with this growing community of stellar reviewers and consumers, I have decided it is time for Canada to have our own vaping TV network and I am working towards it's creation right now.

I believe this network would be an invaluable way to dispense information as well as education about Electronic Cigarettes & E-Cig news and after doing a show on another network for some time, I finally caved and decided it is time!

VaperTV

VaperTV will be the first All Canadian Stickam Online TV station. I have experience working with on-line broadcasting as some of you may know and take a "free-speech first" stance on content within limits (i.e. No nudity, bullying, racism, sexism, etc). I offer a show to anyone whom feels they would like one and can commit to any weekly slot they desire.

VaperTV will be by us and for us, a truly Canadian focus with no bias toward one vaper/ vendor or the next. We are all here for the same reasons and all have a noble cause here, so literally everyone under the sun can become a host.

Anyone can host a show!

In English or French! Though I am not French speaking in any way, that doesn't mean that there aren't MANY other Canadian vapers who are!

What would you need?

All you would need is a WebCam, a Microphone and the gift of gab! I am a very patient teacher and if you desire music on your show but don't really know how, I can do my best to teach you, however if you do want music you will either require a mixer or a secondary computer (like a netbook) to act as one. Also, a half decent sound card is a serious perk when doing online shows of any sort.

If you would like to host for VaperTV please feel free to e-mail me (English-Language communique preferred) at; vapertv@gmail.com

OR Private Message me here!

please be sure to include when you would like to host including the hour and weekly slot that suits you best

I need to know YOUR opinions!

Everyones opinion counts to me, this is very much your network and not "my" network. :) What would you like to see on VaperTV?

I hope to bring something that is entertaining, educational, useful and practical to the table here and hope some of YOU will help me in doing this!

It's time to step up our game Canada! :2cool:

Last edited:

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
I love the idea of having a canadian based vaping network. I use to visit elixir tv quite a bit when I first started vaping but stopped visiting because there was a skanky ho on there that hated me (why I have no idea - I think it was because I insulted her by saying I didn't like the band rush - oh how uncanadian of me, whatever!)

Anyway......I'd love it if this was set up. Great idea noiz :)

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I love the idea of having a canadian based vaping network. I use to visit elixir tv quite a bit when I first started vaping but stopped visiting because there was a skanky ho on there that hated me (why I have no idea - I think it was because I insulted her by saying I didn't like the band rush - oh how uncanadian of me, whatever!)

Anyway......I'd love it if this was set up. Great idea noiz :)

Thanks Lori! You won't have to worry about that on VaperTV, I am not a Rush fan really. Though that reminds me of my friend from back in the day who said to me; "I can't stand Rush... I mean that Geddy Lee Chick is horrid!" and refused to believe us that Geddy's a dude until we googled it in front of him, lol.

MagicAries

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'd love to see a Canadian Vape show. I think I'd only be a viewer, though. I don't talk much, though there are those that know me that would beg to differ. :p That and I lack confidence since I'm still relatively new to vaping. But I'd love to see a variety of things that you touched on in your above post, "entertaining, educational, useful and practical, etc..." A Canadian vaping news show.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
As long as the programing is not sex, drugs and rock & roll we should do well. E cigs and vaping is not about getting smashed or showing boobs.

Well that rules out having a Canadian version of Vapefest then.. ;)

Good idea Noiz. I do catch a few of the VapeTV shows on Stickam. Looking forward to Canadian content...

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
As long as the programing is not sex, drugs and rock & roll we should do well. E cigs and vaping is not about getting smashed or showing boobs.

I agree big time Rick, The networks I used to tune into seemed to be a cult of personality more than based on vaping. It's one of the thing that drove me away tbh. I would hear more about how many mods someone owned rather than honest opinions of how they function. Vaping bans were happening across the US at the time and there wasn't even a passing mention of them.. What's the point of a vaping TV network if not to disperse education and information???

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
Awesome ! I think I will put up a series of videos called Urban Legends. One of these could be the lady with a nicotine patch on her arm buying a pack of cigarettes at the corner store, vaping at the face of the cashier telling: "Hey! Have you heard of e-cigs?"

(sadly, I have heard that storry from the cashier at my corner store.)

EDIT: I got told she had SmokeNV kit (0 nic, of course) at the local smoke shop. I am wondering how that chinese guy there made its selling pitch.

Last edited:

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oh Snap! And I had just convinced Ed the Sock he'd have a new network to be on if he switched to vaping e-cigs & e-cigars instead of that cheap tobacco cigar.

JK :p

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

Well that rules out having a Canadian version of Vapefest then.. ;)

Good idea Noiz. I do catch a few of the VapeTV shows on Stickam. Looking forward to Canadian content...

Ya know what I mean Dusty (then maybe not - depending when you started watching) ;) They started out all right - plenty of content and then...

When we look at VTTV it shows there is a week worth of prep that goes into the show. Even the impromptu shows on the Box Elder debacle, very professionally done and presented. IMO they cover what needs to be covered with a good mix e.g new mods, ECITA, ECCA, CANVIP etc... to include but not limited to playing off each other.

IMO if we are looking for templates on the way ahead for the Canadian movement, we need to turn our attention East vice South.

ETA: A news channel vice a comedy show.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm already hosting on a network, vapenet.com, Sunday nights at 8pm EST (yeah, shameless plug).

I know where Switched is coming from, but I also believe that along with providing real content, there is an element of entertainment and joking around/interacting with the viewership (which you can do using stickam) is part of what makes it fun and rewarding for the host and viewership alike!

on that note, my show sunday, is totally off topic and a bit off the wall as i interview 8 Brits and get their take on vaping and what the evolution of vaping has been like in the UK... and take a few potshots at americans for good sport! :p

(yeah, i know... hopeless... but i really enjoy doing my show!)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Nothing wrong with comedy Jay. The downfall to some of these sites = too many presenters with nothing to talk about. e.g too many shows. Nothing wrong with that perse, but I do know where Noizemaker is coming from and I believe I know where he intends on taking it. Well at least I hope. Far too many ME down South :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think this is a pretty good idea. I'm not sure if I'd be best suited for a show myself though. The main problem is scheduling, and in particular my every day life is pretty unpredictable at the best of times so being able to guarantee a specific block of time on a regular basis would be a bit difficult to arrange. Besides that I'm not sure my particular personality would be well suited for a live broadcast -- at least as far as being somewhat entertaining goes. :) However I do like the idea of shows with actual content rather than just hanging out and chatting with no particular topic in mind. Shows for beginners to get help, shows about modding, about tips and tricks, etc. Those would all be great assets, especially in Canada where we need a lot of that. I do have plans to expand Vapor Chase into a blog (which was actually the original intention but something I haven't been able to do yet due to the hosting expenses and such, what with bills and holiday shopping and such leeching my finances dry) that'll have stuff like that in it, but an actual live broadcast is a lot more immediate and visual and dynamic with at least partly viewer-driven content through questions and stuff.

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
I think you'd be a fine host mindfield. Going to elixir tv was a blast because of the mix of vets and noobs, sharing experience and opinions in a civilized way (for the most part) and the fun contests every so often (juice or hardware giveaways, some sponsored, some from someones personal stuff).

The reason I think you'd be a good host is that you have lots of vaping experience and your you tube reviews are informative and useful. But I agree making the time for it would be a killer.

Rainz

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks Lori! You won't have to worry about that on VaperTV, I am not a Rush fan really. Though that reminds me of my friend from back in the day who said to me; "I can't stand Rush... I mean that Geddy Lee Chick is horrid!" and refused to believe us that Geddy's a dude until we googled it in front of him, lol.

Noizmaker - you better add "No Rush bashing" to that content limits list, or count me out. You don't have to be a fan, but you've got to appreciate that this is one of the most respected bands in the world today>> based on sheer talent... not to mention the hardest working band in the biz(not my opinion, but of those also in the music business, Canadian or otherwise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread