Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
stars smaller.jpg

A big thanks to @Sloth Tonight for his very kind offer to help moderate the Cannabis Forum!

Please feel free to contact him via PM for any issues you may need help with .

STARS  smaller.jpg

PS..Remember pls continue to "report" any posts or threads that you may think requires moderation or immediate attention in case Sloth Tonight is unavailable so that the general forum moderators will be able to take care of it.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'd like to publicly post a little about myself so that members here know who I am and why I offered to help moderate this forum.

I was a tobacco smoker for 9 years. It was causing me some serious set-backs as I'm an active hiker and cyclist - the black phlegm every morning wasn't helping. 5 years ago this past June, I stepped into a vape shop and picked up a basic mod and some juice. It was good - I saw promise. It wasn't quite satisfying enough to kick the cravings I had, so the next day I began researching e-cigarettes and that's when I stumbled upon ECF. I joined the forum and spent the next few days reading a lot, asking some questions, and familiarizing myself with this new world I had discovered.

The forum helped me find the right equipment and juice to help me quit smoking. Roughly two weeks after picking up my first mod, I had found the courage I needed to say goodbye to tobacco. I went for a walk one night to smoke the last cigarette I had. I tossed it on the ground and watched the ember fade a bit before stomping it out (then picking it up and disposing of it properly). I felt free. Felt a confidence I had never known when I tried to quit cold turkey or by tapering in the past.

ECF became my home away from home, so-to-speak. I made friendships I still have to this day, including with people I went on to meet in person years later. In all my years online, no forum I've ever frequented has felt as comfortable as ECF. The people here are wonderful and we're all bonded by our shared experience in harm-reduction. The specific sub-forums I've tended to be active in over the years include Nicoticket, REOs Mods, DIY e-liquid and the Suppliers/Modders forum (Catfish, CC Mods, etc).

I was surprised when I saw the announcement about ECF opening up a forum to discuss Cannabis. I've been using Cannabis on-and-off for 13 years, but initially had mixed feelings about this change. After thinking long and hard about it, I have become very supportive of allowing this discussion on ECF and decided to reach out to Misty to offer my help.

I understand that this is new territory for ECF and for many of its members. I can fully appreciate the fact that not everybody is optimistic about this change. That's why I want to help. I think we all want ECF to be successful, so for those of us who will frequent this forum, it's on us to keep it civil and not allow it to turn into a "party," so-to-speak. I have faith that we can not only pull this off, but do so in a way that shows passers-by that that we are responsible adults who can discuss this in a positive way without it being an issue for the community at large.

I'm here to help, so feel free to reach out to me if you need anything. I'm a busy person but have the benefit of frequent free time sprinkled throughout each work day, so I'll be popping in with great frequency. Please - as Misty said above - hit the report button if anything needs attention by a mod, as I may not be around to see or deal with it personally at the time.

It is my honor and pleasure to serve ECF in even the smallest of ways, and I look forward to watching this subforum grow and participating in its various discussions. I will be participating myself, and if I ever post anything that seems out of line with what you think this subforum should be about, please let me know.

Spiral out :thumb:

Tim

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'd like to publicly post a little about myself so that members here know who I am and why I offered to help moderate this forum.

I was a tobacco smoker for 9 years. It was causing me some serious set-backs as I'm an active hiker and cyclist - the black phlegm every morning wasn't helping. 5 years ago this past June, I stepped into a vape shop and picked up a basic mod and some juice. It was good - I saw promise. It wasn't quite satisfying enough to kick the cravings I had, so the next day I began researching e-cigarettes and that's when I stumbled upon ECF. I joined the forum and spent the next few days reading a lot, asking some questions, and familiarizing myself with this new world I had discovered.

The forum helped me find the right equipment and juice to help me quit smoking. Roughly two weeks after picking up my first mod, I had found the courage I needed to say goodbye to tobacco. I went for a walk one night to smoke the last cigarette I had. I tossed it on the ground and watched the ember fade a bit before stomping it out (then picking it up and disposing of it properly). I felt free. Felt a confidence I had never known when I tried to quit cold turkey or by tapering in the past.

ECF became my home away from home, so-to-speak. I made friendships I still have to this day, including with people I went on to meet in person years later. In all my years online, no forum I've ever frequented has felt as comfortable as ECF. The people here are wonderful and we're all bonded by our shared experience in harm-reduction. The specific sub-forums I've tended to be active in over the years include Nicoticket, REOs Mods, DIY E-Liquid and the Suppliers/Modders forum (Catfish, CC Mods, etc).

I was surprised when I saw the announcement about ECF opening up a forum to discuss Cannabis. I've been using Cannabis on-and-off for 13 years, but initially had mixed feelings about this change. After thinking long and hard about it, I have become very supportive of allowing this discussion on ECF and decided to reach out to Misty to offer my help.

I understand that this is new territory for ECF and for many of its members. I can fully appreciate the fact that not everybody is optimistic about this change. That's why I want to help. I think we all want ECF to be successful, so for those of us who will frequent this forum, it's on us to keep it civil and not allow it to turn into a "party," so-to-speak. I have faith that we can not only pull this off, but do so in a way that shows passers-by that that we are responsible adults who can discuss this in a positive way without it being an issue for the community at large.

I'm here to help, so feel free to reach out to me if you need anything. I'm a busy person but have the benefit of frequent free time sprinkled throughout each work day, so I'll be popping in with great frequency. Please - as Misty said above - hit the report button if anything needs attention by a mod, as I may not be around to see or deal with it personally at the time.

It is my honor and pleasure to serve ECF in even the smallest of ways, and I look forward to watching this subforum grow and participating in its various discussions. I will be participating myself, and if I ever post anything that seems out of line with what you think this subforum should be about, please let me know.

Spiral out :thumb:

Tim

Congratulations Sloth! And way to be of Service.

I do have a Question...

Is the ECF planing on issuing Guidance on what Can/Can Not be discussed in the Cannabis Forum?

Examples:

Can I Discuss the Best Ways to Grow Cannabis?
Ways to Process Cannabis?
Ways to Carry Cannabis?
What types of Cannabis give what "Highs"?
Can I link to people who Sell THC Products?
etc.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

I do have a Question...

Is the ECF planing on issuing Guidance on what Can/Can Not be discussed in the Cannabis Forum?

Examples:

Ways to Carry Cannabis?
etc.
Thank you :)

I think the answer is yes they will, eventually - but as of right now, they're just sort of waiting to see what ends up being an issue. It is quite ambiguous. I wish I could give definitive answers, but I think "time will tell" applies here.

News topics and discussion of harm-reduction related to the use of Cannabis are fair game. The rest we'll get a feel for, and anytime something pops up that seems questionable, there will be discussion as to whether or not it is appropriate and I think part of the consideration will be the community's reaction to said topic.

Thus far, very little--if anything--that has been discussed in the two Cannabis forums has been deemed inappropriate. I would definitely advise members who live in areas where penalties are harsh to avoid any sort of self-incrimination.

As you can imagine, the ambiguity is something that puts me in a bit of a pickle as I'm not sure what's fully acceptable and not at this point in time. When topics come up that are questionable, I will communicate with Misty and/or other admins to help determine the best course of action.

I will keep you all in the loop as I have more information. :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Something that generated lively debate in other areas is whether ALL cannabis discussion needs to be in this area?

A few said they are never coming back. They will, I'm sure, once they cool off. Troll type 11.3b. The "I'm leaving" troll
All I can offer is speculation and my own opinion of the matter so do not take this as official word from ECF - but I feel like there's really no way to contain all discussion within these sub-forums, simply due to the nature of the political climate right now. We should do our best to keep it here and let the mods handle it otherwise.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you :)

I think the answer is yes they will, eventually - but as of right now, they're just sort of waiting to see what ends up being an issue. It is quite ambiguous. I wish I could give definitive answers, but I think "time will tell" applies here.

News topics and discussion of harm-reduction related to the use of Cannabis are fair game. The rest we'll get a feel for, and anytime something pops up that seems questionable, there will be discussion as to whether or not it is appropriate and I think part of the consideration will be the community's reaction to said topic.

Thus far, very little--if anything--that has been discussed in the two Cannabis forums has been deemed inappropriate. I would definitely advise members who live in areas where penalties are harsh to avoid any sort of self-incrimination.

As you can imagine, the ambiguity is something that puts me in a bit of a pickle as I'm not sure what's fully acceptable and not at this point in time. When topics come up that are questionable, I will communicate with Misty and/or other admins to help determine the best course of action.

I will keep you all in the loop as I have more information. :)

I can Understand that this is Uncharted Territory. And such a Fundamental Change to the ECF and the type of Members it may Now attract is going to be an ongoing process.

Just my :2c:...

If there is something that the ECF considers Out-of-Bounds now, such as perhaps Linking to Cannabis/THC sellers for example, I would Modify the ECF's TOC's ASAP.

And then Post the Modified TOC as a Sticky in the Cannabis Sub-Forum.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I can Understand that this is Uncharted Territory. And such a Fundamental Change to the ECF and the type of Members it may Now attract is going to be an ongoing process.

If there is something that the ECF considers Out-of-Bounds now, such as perhaps Linking to Cannabis/THC sellers for example, I would Modify the ECF's TOC's ASAP.

Agreed. We'll look into your suggestion. Thank you very much :)

That specific issue is a tricky one, IMO, but I won't speculate on the answer right now. Will report back :thumb:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada

I do have a Question...

Examples:

Ways to Carry Cannabis?
etc.

We would like this forum to evolve naturally - so we will only be able to gauge whether something is unacceptable as it happens. So far everything looks pretty good!

This forum is to offer a specific space for members that are interested in Cannabis/THC vaping or CBD or for discussions on the political issues and current health, safety crisis surrounding Cannabis vaping

Naturally, ECF Forum rules will apply as usual, to ensure no inappropriate behavior or content, such as derailing of threads, in-fighting , spam , trolling, suppliers posting . Forum rules should cover amply for now as this forum goes forward. Pls use the report button so that we can handle it asap.

Forum Rules

As far as any Cannabis discussions outside of this forum, threads deemed to belong in this forum will be moved here by general staff moderators.

Let's give Sloth a break on his first days..I'm sure we will all work together to make this an informative and helpful forum!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We would like this forum to evolve naturally - so we will only be able to gauge whether something is unacceptable as it happens. So far everything looks pretty good!

This forum is to offer a specific space for members that are interested in Cannabis/THC vaping or CBD or for discussions on the political issues and current health, safety crisis surrounding Cannabis vaping

Naturally, ECF Forum rules will apply as usual, to ensure no inappropriate behavior or content, such as derailing of threads, in-fighting , spam , trolling, suppliers posting . Forum rules should cover amply for now as this forum goes forward. Pls use the report button so that we can handle it asap.

Forum Rules

As far as any Cannabis discussions outside of this forum, threads deemed to belong in this forum will be moved here by general staff moderators.

Let's give Sloth a break on his first days..I'm sure we will all work together to make this an informative and helpful forum!

Gotcha.

Reactions: Rob B.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread