Cannot taste any liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Do you have a cold? I had a bad one a couple months ago and couldn't taste anything for almost 2 weeks (and I had just mixed up a bunch of DIY juices I wanted to test)
BTW, VG tends to coat your tongue... brush your tongue with a soft toothbrush and sip water while you vape.
Some people say sipping lemonade also helps.

Reactions: stols001

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    7073222722755c9ceec7b47a40e250b2.jpg

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I'm vaping lemon icecream waffle in one of my tanks, the freemax fireluke 2 and I can certainly taste it, and it's too much, but in one of my rtas I bet it will be really nice, so what I'm saying is check your kit out first and swap flavours to avoid the dreaded tongue
    Lemon ice cream waffle? Holy crap! Where does one procure such as this? I want.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Just me, but my sense of taste was very slow to return. Obviously, strong flavors came through as...something resembling their flavor, but many flavors just didn't register. Basically, accuracy was out the window in comparison to later vaping. It takes time.

Mints, menthol, and lemon or banana were early flavors that I stuck to for flavor.

Someone told me to change my wick more often and not to "cook" my juice with higher power. Juice flavor gets duller over time and changing the wick every 20-30ml did help.

Good luck

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    For the past two weeks I've not been able to taste the liquids by vaping it directly. Putting a drop on my finger works but that's about it
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Bits of croissant followed by a mouthful of distilled water, then spit out after swishing is said to refresh the pallet. Bread absorbs flavors, saltines can be used to stimulate taste buds back to normal. Malt vinegar mouthwash it's said to clean the palate, then vape right away.
    Arm & Hammer Dental Care Fluoride Toothpaste is suppose to prevent vaper mouth.

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    I like different flavours during the day, waffle in the morning, fruits in the afternoon, menthol and mints in the evening especially if I'm having a drink, it does not have to be expensive, I just recieved my smoant taggerz 200w twin 18650 mod from fasttech and at 17 uk it's a bargain, better to have a few different mods and flavours to avoid the tongue

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread