RDA Can't fine the right build please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSSIEinDL

May 17, 2017
Hey guys I'm pretty new to mech mods but have been vaping and building my I own coils for abouta2 years now.i have the amod smpl with the wotofo frakshow rda and the VGOD Pro Mech running either the wotofo lush RDA ontop or the goon RDA.

The problem is I can't find a good build for my goon to go with the VGOD mech. I have been using the lush with 24g Kanthal 7 wraps around 3mm ID coming in about .39 but I feel like it's not enough for me.

I have tried playing with ni80 in the goon but I can't get past .12 ohms and that's why to unsafe for me in a single 18650 mech. And 26g Kanthal is coming in around .45 which is just not giving me enough of that good stuff you know :p I have 26g Kanthal, 24g Kanthal, 22g ss316, 22g Ni80, 20g Ni80 and some 21g anarchist wire coming in the mail.

Please help with some ideas for a build for my goon to put on on my vgod mech I'm looking for around .21 to .26 I I think. I like I nice warm vape lots of clouds and decent flavour. But don't want to much of a ramp up on it.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Hey guys I'm pretty new to mech mods but have been vaping and building my I own coils for abouta2 years now.i have the amod smpl with the wotofo frakshow RDA and the VGOD Pro Mech running either the wotofo lush RDA ontop or the goon RDA.

The problem is I can't find a good build for my goon to go with the VGOD mech. I have been using the lush with 24g Kanthal 7 wraps around 3mm ID coming in about .39 but I feel like it's not enough for me.

I have tried playing with ni80 in the goon but I can't get past .12 ohms and that's why to unsafe for me in a single 18650 mech. And 26g Kanthal is coming in around .45 which is just not giving me enough of that good stuff you know :p I have 26g Kanthal, 24g Kanthal, 22g ss316, 22g Ni80, 20g Ni80 and some 21g anarchist wire coming in the mail.

Please help with some ideas for a build for my goon to put on on my vgod mech I'm looking for around .21 to .26 I I think. I like I nice warm vape lots of clouds and decent flavour. But don't want to much of a ramp up on it.

So we need some more info before we can give you any help. First off what batteries are you using? Are you running series or parallel mechs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
I use 24 G, 316L SS, 3mm, 7 wraps, dual coil which yeilds .17 ohms on a mech with one 18650 Sony VTC5A.

This results in fast ramp up and my battery last much longer than when I tried to use the Clapton wire that I have or the Kanthal, which both seem to have slower ramp up and shorter battery life. I had to do a lot of reading and trial and error to finally have the idea sink in that all .17 or .25 or whatever builds are not the same.

This is my 2 cents, but please heed the gurus here who have more experience and knowledge than I. Happy Vaping.

Reactions: AUSSIEinDL

AUSSIEinDL

May 17, 2017
I use 24 G, 316L SS, 3mm, 7 wraps, dual coil which yeilds .17 ohms on a mech with one 18650 Sony VTC5A.

This results in fast ramp up and my battery last much longer than when I tried to use the Clapton wire that I have or the Kanthal, which both seem to have slower ramp up and shorter battery life. I had to do a lot of reading and trial and error to finally have the idea sink in that all .17 or .25 or whatever builds are not the same.

This is my 2 cents, but please heed the gurus here who have more experience and knowledge than I. Happy Vaping.

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah I was started to work that out. I think I just have a lot of trial and error to do haha

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Yes, lots of experimentation is required to find whats right for you. The VTC5 is a good 20 amp battery, I prefer the Samsung 30Q or the VTC5a (25 amp) for builds with a higher amp draw.

Here are some links to Mooch's Blog our resident battery expert. If he has hasn't tested a battery, I don't use it, simples.

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum
Index | E-Cigarette Forum

img_4813-jpg.643937

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

AUSSIEinDL

May 17, 2017

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Sorry I actually am using VTC5A

This has the amp rating that Mooch says is the actual rating for each of these cells so you can use ohms law and figure out a safe coil build for the VTc5a that your using. I use the same cells (VTC5a) and use them in a para-series mech (HOG V3) so I'm at 8.4V and using ohms law I can build down to .35 ohms safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread