RDA [help me choose] 24 kennedy 2 post vs goon 24mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
im on the market for new rda
can only buy 1 rda at a time, otherwise im gonna have some serious problem with my girlfriend

these are my 2 choice
24mm kennedy 2 post rda
OR
24mm Goon RDA

im enjoying my velocity v1 very much, and also my petri v2 and my subzero 22mm
my build usually just ni80 24 gauge, 3mm id, 8-10 wraps dual coil
lately i've been rocking fused clapton (2x28G)+40G all ni80 and i loved it
not really into exotic coil (staggered fused, alien gargoyle hoop clapton, etc), just roundwire or some fused clapton.

i run them around 50-70w

much appriciate for the help guys..

MobileVortex

Jun 16, 2016
For what it's worth, if you're not going to put a gargoyle hoof in there then the clamps on the goon are probably overkill. For me personally I'd go with the kennedy. In my experience bottom airflow awesome for flavor. That being said the kennedy does not have adjustable airflow iirc, while the goon does. And the goon is roughly half the cost of the kennedy. It's a tough choice, and I wish you the best of luck making a decision lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
I have no experience with the Kennedy, but the Goon is top notch. Love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

what type of coil do you usually use in your goon?

For what it's worth, if you're not going to put a gargoyle hoof in there then the clamps on the goon are probably overkill. For me personally I'd go with the kennedy. In my experience bottom airflow awesome for flavor. That being said the kennedy does not have adjustable airflow iirc, while the goon does. And the goon is roughly half the cost of the kennedy. It's a tough choice, and I wish you the best of luck making a decision lol.

so when using regular roundiwre , the kennedy is more superior than the goon?
i have subzero 22 which also bottom airflow rda, it's awesome
but i also love my velocity v1 and petri v2, just want to venture to 24mm rda.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Eh, they are so close in performance, I would find it nearly impossible to choose. OK, If I had to choose, it would be the Kennedy.

The goon AFC can be dialed from almost closed to full wide open. The Kennedy, you can block off one of the air holes if you like a little denser vape. Otherwise the Kennedy is made for full open airflow. If you KNOW you like full open airflow, the Kennedy. If you like to dial in the air flow, Goon.

Go clone and get them both. :?)

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
Where do you typically run the air on your subzero?

halfway open just perfect for me, right on the spot :)

Eh, they are so close in performance, I would find it nearly impossible to choose. OK, If I had to choose, it would be the Kennedy.

The goon AFC can be dialed from almost closed to full wide open. The Kennedy, you can block off one of the air holes if you like a little denser vape. Otherwise the Kennedy is made for full open airflow. If you KNOW you like full open airflow, the Kennedy. If you like to dial in the air flow, Goon.

Go clone and get them both. :?)

block off one of the airflow how??
with the subzero you got that screw to block one of your airflow, i dont think kennedy got one

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Cotton. Just wad it up tight and then slowly pack it into the hole using the tip of your tweezers. Start with a wad that`s double the size of the hole, then work it in there little at a time. I run most of my kennedy`s with two of the four holes blocked off like this, one on each side. Then I center the coil over the one open hole on each side.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
halfway open just perfect for me, right on the spot :)

You will love the Kennedy 24. Kennedy did come out with the trickster which has an AFC like the tsunami. But with the amount of air you like with the subzero, I would go with the standard two post 24.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
You will love the Kennedy 24. Kennedy did come out with the trickster which has an AFC like the tsunami. But with the amount of air you like with the subzero, I would go with the standard two post 24.
so trickster is another variant of kennedy 24?

eummmmm.....i had tsunami 24, sold it after a few weeks :(
it's vape meehhhhh.. not bad, just not as good as the hype, and i need to deal with some serious leaking or condensation all the time with tsunami..
the same things goes with subzero, but not as worse
i guess it had to do with the my dripping style
i dont really comfortable dripping through the driptip, so i always takes my caps off..
with subzero i just need to take off the very top of the caps so it's reduce the leaking/condensation being pushed by the caps slides on the of the deck i guess..

the kennedy have some lips on the bottom of the deck, just like the petri, so that will prevent the problem to happening i hope, that's why i considered kennedy 24 alongside with the goon.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
so trickster is another variant of kennedy 24?

eummmmm.....i had tsunami 24, sold it after a few weeks :(
it's vape meehhhhh.. not bad, just not as good as the hype, and i need to deal with some serious leaking or condensation all the time with tsunami..
the same things goes with subzero, but not as worse
i guess it had to do with the my dripping style
i dont really comfortable dripping through the driptip, so i always takes my caps off..
with subzero i just need to take off the very top of the caps so it's reduce the leaking/condensation being pushed by the caps slides on the of the deck i guess..

the kennedy have some lips on the bottom of the deck, just like the petri, so that will prevent the problem to happening i hope, that's why i considered kennedy 24 alongside with the goon.

Totally, the regular Kennedy is pretty near leak free. I drip it through the fat dragon tip pretty easily. Much easier and leaks a lot less than the subzero (bigger well too).

MobileVortex

Jun 16, 2016
Agreed, having the airflow be fixed wide open solves the problem of liquids being pushed down onto the mod when you take the cap on and off. However, if you tend to over drip side airflow may be the way to go. Since the goon had the posts located in the center of the deck when you drip through the drip tip you're dripping straight onto the posts. This tends to more evenly distributed the juice over the coil vs filling the deck. It's kinda like painting the coils without taking the cap off. With bottom airflow the possibility for a leak is higher if you flood the deck. Sounds like you've about got your head wrapped around it tho. Either way they're both fantastic rdas.

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
I currently have the Goon 22mm and I HAD the Kennedy 24mm. I prefer the Goon.

I did not like the non-adjustable airflow on the Kennedy. I usually like airy vapes, but I also like the ability to customize my vape experience when trying DIY juices or when I feel in a more flavor chasing mood. I refuse to clog up a hole on a $100+ RDA with cotton or some other "ghetto" fix. My 2 cents.

My Kennedy also leaked. I have extreme OCD in regards to leaky RDAs and RTAs. It did not leak like a sieve, but it would tend to leak unless I painted the juice on my coils.

I am waiting on my vape mail to bless my with the TM24 I just ordered. I will let you know how that compares to the Goon and my past experiences with the Kennedy 24.

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
I currently have the Goon 22mm and I HAD the Kennedy 24mm. I prefer the Goon.

I did not like the non-adjustable airflow on the Kennedy. I usually like airy vapes, but I also like the ability to customize my vape experience when trying DIY juices or when I feel in a more flavor chasing mood. I refuse to clog up a hole on a $100+ RDA with cotton or some other "ghetto" fix. My 2 cents.

My Kennedy also leaked. I have extreme OCD in regards to leaky RDAs and RTAs. It did not leak like a sieve, but it would tend to leak unless I painted the juice on my coils.

I am waiting on my vape mail to bless my with the TM24 I just ordered. I will let you know how that compares to the Goon and my past experiences with the Kennedy 24.

Received my TM24 about 24 hours ago and I cannot put this thing down. I highly recommend this RDA. I am using a dual stapled fused Clapton build at .11 and it fits with some room to spare.

Airflow and flavor are amazing. My only complaint is the top cap comes off pretty easy. Some like this, but I tend to like a top cap with a little resistance.

I like this RDA more than the Goon and Kennedy 24.

My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread