Can't get DIY to interest me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve K

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
Philadelphia,Pa
I am personally dying to try DIY juices and my stuff is going to be here tomorrow. I like the idea of adding flavors to an unflavored 24mg base. I bought everything I need, 4 flavors, some EM, 250ml 50/50 24mg unflavored base. I am ready to get going, a bit nervous but still excited. I prefer simple flavors, one flavor juices. I suppose it's just trial and error. We will see lol. I would like to create "my" perfect flavors of strawberry, peach, raspberry and chocolate. Like I said, my flavors are simple. But like everyone has said, it's not for everyone and I would like to make my favs and save a bit of money.

You'll be fine and I see you didn't complicate anything getting the 50/50 24 mg base,so all you have to do is add flavors and that's it.Start off by testing 5ml or less.Have fun!!And shake the bottle.

Last edited:

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
An excellent way to begin. Don't get complicated when your starting out like some folks do ( myself included ). Going out and buying 150 different concentrates will just befuddle your mind. Nice and simple one flavor mixes to begin. Later you can start adding a second flavor with or without an additive like EM or vape Wizard.

Most of all, have fun!

Bonus recipe : Here's a one flavor mix if your into coffee.

Mix your base with Flavor Art Coffee Expresso concentrate ( Has to be FA Expresso as all the other coffees taste like Mule taint. ) at 3%. Add a drop of Apple Cider Vinegar per 5mls. Let it steep at least a week. Really, it is not all that good fresh but after 7 days or so, mmnn-mmm-good.

QUOTE=SexySod;9253421]I am personally dying to try DIY juices and my stuff is going to be here tomorrow. I like the idea of adding flavors to an unflavored 24mg base. I bought everything I need, 4 flavors, some EM, 250ml 50/50 24mg unflavored base. I am re.dy to get going, a bit nervous but still excited. I prefer simple flavors, one flavor juices. I suppose it's just trial and error. We will see lol. I would like to create "my" perfect flavors of strawberry, peach, raspberry and chocolate. Like I said, my flavors are simple. But like everyone has said, it's not for everyone and I would like to make my favs and save a bit of money.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
BV, I can totally appreciate your POV, fears and concerns!

BUT, with that said and accepted, how 'bout I send you 15ml of a simple 15mg nic two flav recipe to sample which ¢o$t less than $0.06 per ml using bulk basic ingredients? I'll gladly do that, including da shipping, on my dime.

See, I KNOW that it would take much effort and time to try to duplicate the very few commercial jooses that I found satisfactory. The money I spent on commercial 'trash' jooses is many multitudes of what I've spent on the few good ones!

As a result of my experiences, I DIY!!!

OTOH, if you're totally happy with your current joose $upply, then we can't really help ya here.

PM me if you're interested in a sample...
thumbsup.gif

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
I am totally excited about getting started, just curious of how to use the EM, I know it's a sweetener. I love juices that are full of flavor and actually taste like strawberry, peach, raspberry and chocolate. Know what I mean? I don't like them to have a tart flavor which is what I keep getting in the juices that I buy. Someone told me to add a bit of vanilla, mmmmm that couldn't hurt right?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I am totally excited about getting started, just curious of how to use the EM, I know it's a sweetener. I love juices that are full of flavor and actually taste like strawberry, peach, raspberry and chocolate. Know what I mean? I don't like them to have a tart flavor which is what I keep getting in the juices that I buy. Someone told me to add a bit of vanilla, mmmmm that couldn't hurt right?

I use this for sweetner-

Cotton Candy Flavor (TFA)

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
And you're right.. being able to mix the nic levels myself would certainly be helpful because I'm trying to cut down my levels anyways. I started at 24 and I'm down to 12-18mg.. and I feel like all the 24's I still have left are a waste and won't get used since I'm trying not to go back up in nic levels

You can still use the 24mg. Just order some of the same juice in zero nic and mix the two in equal amounts to get 12mg. I do mostly DIY now but stepped down nic using vendor juice.

And stand your ground when others try to push you into DIY. Just tell them that you're very satisfied with your current juice situation. Then tell them all about your latest vapor beast of an RBA. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread