Capella's Root Beer Float - Gingerbread - & Perfumer's Apprentice Watermelon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Hi everyone! My name's Rachel & I live in Toronto. Just thought I'd share a few brief thoughts on the following 3 flavours (2 from Capella and 1 from Perfumer's Apprentice, respectively - both located in California). It didn't occur to me earlier to use a star-based rating. I also didn't really go into "throat hit" - these reviews are more specific to the flavours than throat hit, particularly since we're talking about DIY e-juice - throat hit will vary depending on your mix. But for what it's worth I will say that with the proportional formula I used for all three, the throat hit was perfectly fine, very satisfying. I've been DIY-ing my e-juices since my first day as a vaper (which was only 8 days ago :lol: - I'm still very new to all this!) - and my vaping experience has been the better for it.

Anyway...hopefully this post will be helpful to someone!
huggy.gif

All these reviews are roughly based on the following formula, made in 2mL batches: 65% PG with nicotine (28mg strength) - 20% PG without nicotine - and 15% concentrated flavouring. End result: flavoured e-juice with roughly 18mg nicotine strength. Also, I purchased these all these flavourings via a local Toronto-area supplier, Happyvaper.

The very first flavour I tried was Capella's Root Beer Float.I added a bit too much flavour to the mix at first (20%) so it ended up tasting medicinal. I was discouraged. But the next day I tried it again, this time with the flavour at 15% in the mix...and it tasted exactly like root beer! :D It has quickly become my favourite vape so far. In fact I adore it. It's got zing! Root Beer forever! :D

On the other hand, Capella's Gingerbread was (in my opinion) terrible. That's not to say it's a bad flavour necessarily (though it's not my bag) - it simply doesn't taste like gingerbread to me when vaped. Specifically, it's as though it's missing virtually all the spices one expects in gingerbread. Believe me, I know gingerbread (I look forward to gingerbread lattes & gingerbread cookie dough each year), and this isn't it. Avoid. Here's hoping they'll reformulate it (with all the appropriate spices) & release it as "New & Improved Gingerbread" or some such in time for cooler weather & long nights. Anyway, I'll try the Gingerbread from Perfumer's Apprentice next month & see if theirs is better.

Speaking of them...the new Watermelon from Perfumer's Apprentice is a winner!
clap.gif
It tastes just like real watermelon, the rind & flesh etc - spot on. Doesn't taste like "candy" watermelon. I was rather amazed that they got the real taste of real watermelon so accurately. The only possible quibble is that it could stand to be a smidge stronger. At 15% of the mix, it's at times a tad too subtle. Though so far I find it's very nice as a milder vape. I'll try 20% next time, but either way, it is a keeper.

Well, that's all for now...happy vaping to you all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread