Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I'm excited, i just got some Snickerdoodle flavoring by Capella's. I really like some of the Snickerdoodle juices out there so i'm hoping to make something that comes close. I found a few threads in the DIY about Snickerdoodle, but all of them have been closed so i couldn't post in there. Most all of them used a combo of flavors to replecate the Snickerdoodle flavor.... didn't see much mention of the Capella's Snickerdoodle flavoring.

Anyone used this before? This is actually my first flavoring by Capella as well (not sure how strong they are). Up until now all i've been using was flavor arts and perfumers apprentace. I got a few other Capella's as well wile i was there.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I have notice a trend in their bakery. Think 10% is a good place to start. Have you been finding 15-20% around the forums?

No, I'm new to capella flavors, but a lot of the flavor arts stuff I have needs 15-20 percent... capella might be stronger. Kinda why I made this thread, to see if anyone knows how strong this stuff is.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Lopaka79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Maui
I see allot of peeps say that the majority of Cap flavors are weak. So in return I think larger % is needed. Now after mixing for a few months I've come to learn that if a flavor seems weak, the answer is to try some adders like sour, koolada, lemon juice, AP, EM, menthol, vinegar and or another of the same type flavor from a different vendor to bold-den or round out the flavor. Can't wait for this new order to come in. I got more adders coming like ginger bread, sugar cookie, vanilla cup cake coming in... really excited :)

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I've definitely got done sweetener that's going in it. My first few batches are just gonna be the snickerdoodle flavor alone so I can get a feel for the taste before adding other flavors.

Then I probably try some gingerbread or gram cracker or sugar cookie

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
I use Caps at anywhere from 10% ( Choc. Fudge Brownie, probably still too strong) to 15% ( Lemon Meringue Pie, NY Cheesecake)...they have all been perfectly fine as stand-alone flavors...may add up to 5% EM to some of them though.
All are also Shake, Bake and Vapes too...great without steeping...which usually just increases flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread