Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I have found a Capella flavor that is totally useless..............Cool Mint. At 5%, 10%. 15% and 20% it has no taste, no flavor only vapor. Just my opinion of course but still one would think that this flavor would have even just a little flavor, right?

Send it to me, its my fav! ;) I mix it at 20% with menthol drops 1/ml, and marshmallow 1/ml. Hope that can help you.

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
lulu836:5951184 said:
I have found a Capella flavor that is totally useless..............Cool Mint. At 5%, 10%. 15% and 20% it has no taste, no flavor only vapor. Just my opinion of course but still one would think that this flavor would have even just a little flavor, right?

One of my favorites. To each his own though. I've used it in several recipes and it's always turned out yummy for me.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Hello all - haven't posted here for a while, but enjoying reading it.

As I'm not a fan of irish cream, I just got some TPA sweet cream and bavarian cream. Got any tips for me on mixing them with capellas, especially the fruit flavors?

Cap's Sweet Tangerine 15% with 10% TPA sweet cream is yummy!

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Ok just got 5 more in. Did cinnamon danish @ 15%, tastes burnt ? any suggestions ?

Its one that needs steeping . That taste goes away completely after a few days.CDS is best in a recipe . With other flavors adding up to 15-20% cds really shines at a low percentage in the recipe

blackheavendust

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
HOU,Texas
Ok just got 5 more in. Did cinnamon danish @ 15%, tastes burnt ? any suggestions ?

I agree with Str8. 5 days of steeping and it tasted fine at 15%. Added nic and the overpowering taste was cinnamon. After 2 more days the flavors are starting to balance. The cinnamon has dropped and the pastry/icing are starting to perk up. Still, to me, the cinnamon is more pronounced than it should be. At this time hopefully. I imagined the cinnamon would be a single note or two, not a symphony. Which it is really. I guess I've tried at least 60-70 individual flavors and this cinnamon is right up my alley. I can't wait to find the perfect mix for it. It's in my top 5 single flavors I've vaped.

blackheavendust

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
HOU,Texas
Hey hey...I've been viewing this thread from early on. My Capella's stash:

Choc Fudge Brownie
Cappuccino
Bubblegum
Cherry Cola
Pina Colada
Hot Cocoa
Sugar Cookie
New York Cheesecake
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Snick - Snack

I've been DIY'ing for about 4 months now. Every mix I've made has turned perfect every time. LOL. It's a lot of dedication, disappointment, experimentation, enthusiasm and study...

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Hey hey...I've been viewing this thread from early on. My Capella's stash:

Choc Fudge Brownie
Cappuccino
Bubblegum
Cherry Cola
Pina Colada
Hot Cocoa
Sugar Cookie
New York Cheesecake
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Snick - Snack

I've been DIY'ing for about 4 months now. Every mix I've made has turned perfect every time. LOL. It's a lot of dedication, disappointment, experimentation, enthusiasm and study...

You sure picked some good one, bhd!

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
It's a lot of dedication, disappointment, experimentation, enthusiasm and study...

Couldn't have said it any better.

Its not just throw this and that together,it learning to be a flavorist and how flavor notes work and are tweaked to acheive a final note that works in perfect harmony. Iv been studying working with culinary flavor notes and it has helped immensly with my ejuice creation . Its definitely a science and art mingled together. The name on the actual flavoring bottle doesnt mean much really.

rubrduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
show me
Its one that needs steeping . That taste goes away completely after a few days.CDS is best in a recipe . With other flavors adding up to 15-20% cds really shines at a low percentage in the recipe

I deluted it down and it really helped. Il set it in the back a few days and see then. HUMMMMM what could mix well with that ?

blackheavendust

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
HOU,Texas
I'm looking at DIY more and more like cooking. Even the terms are the same. Not many folks can just whip up a Creme Brulee like a 5 star restaurant on the first go. And most folks would rather spend a few extra bucks to have someone trained to make it for them. DIY has to be more of a hobby and learning experience. Cost savings in the long run are just a side effect.

DZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Littleton, CO
I'm looking at DIY more and more like cooking. Even the terms are the same. Not many folks can just whip up a Creme Brulee like a 5 star restaurant on the first go. And most folks would rather spend a few extra bucks to have someone trained to make it for them. DIY has to be more of a hobby and learning experience. Cost savings in the long run are just a side effect.

I agree.

Glade to see the thread getting some life again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread