CART MOD - From PTvapers Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

pack21

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
PTG
hi Vaps,

i'm a member from PTvapers.com community, from Portugal.

We are proud to present to you, our newest mod on the filling of cartridges.

This mod allows you to have the best performance ever seen, in filler replacement.

(No toxic filler, clean filler, no burn taste, etc....all nice)

Uses only simple Aluminium foil from the kitchen.

I hope this tutorial photographic, is instructive for everyone.

enjoy!

Note: To clean up and change the flavor, just put the cartridge with mod, as it is, in boiling water. For added the same flavour, dont need to clean, so much times, just to change

EDIT: A member of our community found a mod in, ECF very similar to ours and old , and when we do this mod, we dont know that existed a similar mod.

Just to informed.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/131047-kitchen-foil-cart-mod.html

Foto Tutorial :

img20110324212050.jpg

Use a piece of paper to mark the depth of the cartridge, which then used to cut the aluminum foil.

img20110326113745.jpg

Cut the foil with the previous mark;

img20110326114545q.jpg

Wrap the foil into a tube;

img20110326150749.jpg

like this;

img20110326152231.jpg

smash the tube;

img20110326153251.jpg

Make lots of Cuts, as much you can do..... in 2\3 of lengh

img20110326154027.jpg

Open;

img20110326155215.jpg

Make a broom with a thinner tube, like a toothpick.

img20110326120757.jpg

img20110326121505.jpg

very importante; Open up the broom, keping the circle form, and curl with the hands, leaving it very loose.

2011-03-25%2011.26.53.jpg

2011-03-25%2013.19.16.jpg

2011-03-25%2013.19.58.jpg

2011-03-25%2013.23.36.jpg

2011-03-25%2013.23.54.jpg

2011-03-25%2013.25.33.jpg

No drops, nice!

You can try too, with two Brooms, in each side of the ALU foil, like this;

2011-03-25%2011.22.01.jpg

2011-03-25%2011.24.52.jpg

Last edited:

pack21

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
PTG
how does this compare to other mods like PTB?? and how long does it last before refilling again?? gonna try this when I get my hands on some foil....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hi,

PTB WAS a good Mod, but PTvapers MOD is MUCH better, because dont have burn taste , you have the same performance from the first vap to the last .....and finish all the juice in the alu filler.....And better yet, no fibras are burn , no toxics, etc....the perfect filler.

You try to see, with you eyes, trust me.

:D

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
From what I've experienced:
  • The mod uses surface tension instead of capillarity to hold the juice in the cartridge. This results in:
    • Much less leaking in my tests.
    • Also experienced much more efficient use of the juice. When it stops producing vapor usually there's no/very little juice left in the cartridge.
  • Good wicking even on my LR atty.
  • No possibility to burn fibers in contact with the atty/bridge.

pack21

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
PTG
Very interesting. I know some aluminum has lead in it some does not. Not sure about aluminum foil.

I'm not saying it does and surely you researched that. What's the makeup of aluminum foil chemically?

I do not know, but since it is a sheet of aluminum, used to cook many foods in the oven at high temperatures, and was never listed as harmful.

Many of the heating systems in our homes and cars, use aluminum foil and as such should not even have any problem.

Certainly not the temperature on the bridge of atty, which may lead to release of whatever is in the foil, as opposed to fibers used in all fillings today, blue foams, PTB, ScothBrite:blink:, etc , as well the plastics used in cartridge and atty ..... this alu foil filling, is one that gives more guarantees during the heating of atty.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I do not know, but since it is a sheet of aluminum, used to cook many foods in the oven at high temperatures, and was never listed as harmful.

Many of the heating systems in our homes and cars, use aluminum foil and as such should not even have any problem.

Certainly not the temperature on the bridge of atty, which may lead to release of whatever is in the foil, as opposed to fibers used in all fillings today, blue foams, PTB, ScothBrite:blink:, etc , as well the plastics used in cartridge and atty ..... this alu foil filling, is one that gives more guarantees during the heating of atty.

Cooking in an aluminum pot, you don't want to use if for high acid foods, tomato sauce will blacken and pit it, leach into the sauce. Not sure what ph our nicotine juice would be, but I'm sure some can enlighten us.......:)

unkn0wnz

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
New York
when I first read about this mod I couldn't see how this would be better than BF or PTB because it doesn't absorb anything,i just did this for my 801 cart and all I have to say is WOW!!!! what a difference, no leaks, get more vapor, more flavor, throat hit is the best ive seen from my 801 with this mod, and also my cart filled up with 32 drops!! way more than with other mods....i highly recommend this to everyone at least give it a try.....finally found a mod that really works, thanks OP. ill keep you guys updated after using this for a while.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
This mod works... It does... You should do some research on the safety of it... But it works! This and the brass-screen mod are the only two which seem to work really well, for me; that is... Oh! And one with the stainless steel cleaning sponge we use here in argentina which is also a go...

But I always go back to dry smoking... It seems I have become so used to this routine that I even enjoy the 'downsides' to it...
Heeeee!

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
Lol..... a member of our community found a mod in, ECF very similar to ours and old , and when we do this mod, we dont know that existed a similar mod.

Just to informed.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/131047-kitchen-foil-cart-mod.html

Well, I hate to admit it, but i tried this mod last night, and it's much better than the mod I posted.
The bristles ('brooms') help keep the gaps open between the coils. Because of that it uses less foil (compared my mod)
and holds the liquid, letting it go at a slower rate.
I'm using a 901 cart and got 16 drops on the first fill and 14-15 drops on the refill.

If you have the patience to make this mod, it's well worth it.

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
this looks great but how long do you cut the foil length? I know you make it the same depth as the cart but not sure how long a piece to cut then roll??????

thanks a million,

-mike

Good question. It depends on what cart you are using and how tight you can roll the foil without flattening too much on the gaps and crevices. I just go by trial and error and keep snipping off the end until it fits in the cart. I've found about 10-12 cm is good for 901 cart. The single end 'broom' is easy to roll on a toothpick, while the double ended type is a lot more tricky.

jjloupe

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
Louisiana
OK, I didn't have any aluminum foil lying around, so I just did this with an aluminum can which may or may not have contained beer a few moments before.:oops:

I used some kitchen shears to cut it and had no problems. I dripped the liquid in and watched as the beer... I mean aluminum can material sucked down every drop. I turned the cart upside down, and the liquid was pulled down just to the point of leaking, but did not.

I popped it onto the atty, and WOW. It worked, and worked well.

I have been chain vaping this for about 5 minutes now and nothing but good hits and no leaking, no dry or burnt taste. I think I found a winner.

Oh, and the can I used was mostly un printed, so there was no ink or coloring on the part I used.

Attachments

• IMG_20110410_230913.jpg
    IMG_20110410_230913.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread