ZZ274134a.jpg

ZZ274135a.jpg
holds more liquid
uses less filler
cart empties every time
easy to clean
easy to fill
the material is probably in your home

I recently began vaping and quickly ran into problems with refilling and repairing my 510 carts several times a day. This modification is simply another way to keep the small piece of filler material touching the atty so the juice always flows. The only material needed is the spray straw from a compressed air can or an unused spray straw from a wd-40 can and your favorite filler. I'm sure many other items could be used for this including another posters suggestion of using a metal spring.

TOOLS NEEDED: Tweezers, Knife or scissors, your favorite filler, compressed air can straw or wd40 can straw.

How to:
1. Cut the straw flush on both ends and a little bit longer than the inside of the upper edge of a cartridge. The straw will be very tight inside the cart so the ends must be cut flat and straight. If the end of the straw is cut at an angle it will sit inside the cartridge at an angle.

2. Hold the straw with the tweezers and place inside the cart. Once you have the straw in the correct location turn the tweezers and straw until the straw is held tightly in place as pictured. The edges of the cart will spread out as the straw is twisted in place. If the edges of the straw have been cut well you can slide the straw into any position needed for different thickness fillers. It may take several attempts to cut the straw to the correct length. If the straw is to long it will close off the vaping holes on the side of the cart.

3. Cut the smallest thickness of filler needed to hold liquid in the cartridge but wide enough to hold itself into position. I am sure experimentation is needed for different liquids. The filler piece will be about the thickness of a coin but no thicker unless your e-juice is pure grain alchohol. :).

Learned lessons:
a. Clean the filler by pressing into a napkin before every refill.
b. Two straws work well with watery liquids
c. Place the straw as close to the outside edge of the cart as you can(about 1\8" or 3mm). the atty bridge will push the straw in the cart into the best position when put together.

There is no doubt this idea was born of many other ideas found in this forum. If I was to thank everyone who contributed I would be thanking the entire board.

Happy vaping.
Atomizer Mizer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread