Carto advice for 6v...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
Hello all...

I have a Reo Grand and I love it, currently using 1.5 Smoketech dual coils @ 3.7v.

Unfortunately, I received a 5v passthrough as a gift, and use the same cartos on it. It hits like a train, and now the combo I use on the Reo isn't making it. I got a tank for the passthrough so i could use it in the car, and it worked great until I had to refill and now it floods all the time, juice in my mouth, blech.

The Reo is such a great delivery system for driving/bar hopping I want to keep using it away from home. I don't have the cash to get a VV mod right now, and the only bottom feeder available that is VV AND cheap is a Donkeyboxx AFAIK. And even that is not doable for me for a while. I'd get a 5v box mod, but those would require a tank, and as i mentioned I can't get those to work for me.

I have plenty of batteries to get the Reo up to 6v, I tried it with the 1.5s, and it is way too hot (just realized I sound like Goldilocks!).

What ohm cart can I get that will make 6v seem like 5v? I know that there is an Ohm's Law calculation for this, but I suck at maths.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
Last edited:

TheBigD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009

TheBigD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
i have been messing with the Ohm's Law calculator for balf a day, and I don't quite get what to input.

I am currently using dual coil 1.5 Ohm cartos, both @ 3.7v and on a 5v passthrough. I love them on the 5v passthrough, and that is the effect i want to duplicate on my REO.

So, if I am doing it right, I put 5 in the volt box, and 1.5 in the ohm box, which gives me 16.6666 watts @ 3.333 amps. I doubt this is correct since the passthrough is rated for 2 amps, I think.

However, if I put in 5v and 3 ohms I get 8.3333 watts @ 1.6 amps.

Where I get confused is if i input 3.7v and 1.5 ohms I get 9.12 watts @ 2.46 amps.

If I put in 3.7v and 3 ohms I get 4.56 watts @ 1.23 amps.

The main reason for my confusion is that the hit on both devices is decently close to the best my senses can determine. The 5v experience is ALMOST painful and I absolutely love it, and would love to get that level from the REO if I can.

So am I running an incredible 16 watts on my passthrough or what? I am nonplussed by the fact that such would mean I am getting four times the watts with the passthrough than I am getting with the REO and yet it isn't four times less powerful.

I am going to order a 2.5 ohm carto which gives exactly 14 watts @ 2.4 amps, and a 3 ohm which gives 12 watts @ 2 amps and go from there.

I appreciate all the replies so far!

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Dual coil cartos really stress batteries. Tenergy LiFePo4 batteries aren't recommended for stacking in unregulated mods due to too low of a C rating on genuine Tenergy batteries and there are reported to be a lot of counterfeit Tenergy batteries out there which are most likely unprotected Li-ion batteries.

Consider AW LiFePo4 RCR123a batteries and 3.0 ohm Boge cartos. Personally, I'm not a fan of SmokTech cartos, single or dual coil.

Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread