Carto longevity / filling with blue foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pickle

Aug 16, 2011
Chicago
So I'm a newbie and my first atties are on their last leg. I ordered a 5 pack of cartos from ELiquidXpress and I want to make sure I get the most out of them. I have a few questions.

1) Do cartos expire because the heating elements are low quality, or is it simply because the filler gets ruined?

2) If the filler is the determining factor, can I re-fill with blue foam?

P.S. I'm using a 3.7V eGo

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
1) Do cartos expire because the heating elements are low quality, or is it simply because the filler gets ruined?

Some fail due to coil failure (burnt open). Others get run dry which burns the filler and just taste foul.

I hope, in the near future,to try just this experiment. Since I've taken one of my eMDC cartos apart, I see the main challenge to be properly re-wrapping the coils.

ETA: "plastic straw?"

Nay!

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
So I'm a newbie and my first atties are on their last leg. I ordered a 5 pack of cartos from ELiquidXpress and I want to make sure I get the most out of them. I have a few questions.

1. Yes, the filler does get ruined after the initial use. Cartos also have a tendency to get burnt. Such as the "diapers" which are little cotton pieces that are wrapped around the coil and sometimes the filler can get burnt also. Other times the coil just pops and so, that is the death of it.

2. People do use blue foam but that's just adding another component to cartos that you have to worry about IMO.

I do like using cartos even though it seems like I'm against them. You should really check out this thread for more information or even to ask questions. I would start around the last 200 pages for good information on the most recent cartos that are discussed. Such as dual coils, boge's, etc. :

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...10-kr808-4081-etc-filler-type-cartos-304.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread