Carto question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
A cartomizer or a cartridge? Makes a cartridge like new. Cartomizers with stuffing are sensitive to replacing the poly. Unless you are really good at I wouldn't spend much time doing it... There are also little pads protecting the coils in cartos that do burn and with age they stop protecting the coils and will burn the poly as well... the bottom coil cartos not clearos may be different

I agree with DaveP for the price buy new ones my cartos last me a week or longer using cleaner DIY juices...

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A carto has the coil and wiring embedded in the filler material. You can't get it out without breaking the wires. At 5 in a pack for $8, it's cheap to use them for a few days and toss them. Cigarettes were $4 and up for a pack a day. Cartos are around $1.80 for three days use. Why bother?

There are cleaning methods for rejuvenating cartos. Check out YouTube and also do a search on ECF for "cartomizer cleaning ".

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Referring more to the filling, I use clearomizer or drip tips so I always though it was just poly filling in it and nothing else.
I have seen some of those videos where they buy Fish tank filters and replace then and call it good as new.
Clearomizers are plastic CE'2s or some variation of the original metal ones and don't have filling. When they first came out the wicks weren't capable of supplying an adequate amount of juice to the coil so people were putting in polyfill to help the wicking. They have come a long way since and it is no longer any reason to use polyfill.
As for How long they last, I can't say since I am still using the ten metal CE'2s I bought a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread