carto tanks no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgehrking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
minnesota, USA
I have recently gotten a carto tank. one from totally wicked and also a j- tank. i find that the flavor of the juice is gone! except in cinnamon or high concentrated menthol. I have tried it on my ego batt and on Liberty flights vv mod. still now flavor on higher volts, and vapor don't seem to change either. Is this in my mind and my taste buds wacked, or is there a trick to the carto tank.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have not used carto tanks yet but - I find in general, overfilled cartos have little flavor. Some thin-nesses of juice may work better with single hole cartos. Maybe your filling method is at fault? Maybe your chosen cartos are too high ohms per coil for your battery (like Ego battery is only 3.4v so you may not get much omph out of 1.5 and 1.6 ohm dual coils where each coil is 3 or 3.2 ohms)

And are you remembering to smell the vapor?

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
No trick to it. Fill your tank carto as you would without the tank, fill the tank, let it sit for about 30 minutes, re-check the carto for slush. That's my experience anyway. i have noticed that the flavor is somewhat muffled using a carto, but not too much. For a flavor I really enjoy, I drip, but that's work!

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
You really need to fill the carto along with the tank, it's like priming the pump. Also when the tank is down to 1/4 left you should refill it cause I think by then the flavor is muffled. And the carto's in the tank don't last a long as the regular ones, I find that I can only fill them about 2 or 3 times, then have to change them. I haven't had any problems with the flavor, maybe you just need to use a stronger juice. I order double strengh when I can.:p:vapor:

sgehrking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
minnesota, USA
Thanks for the replys. I do exhale through my nose and the carto is full along with the tank and i get decent vapor but the flavor is deminished compaired to my ego tank. I do drink lots of water. what are some fuller flavors i can try. by the way i have been mixing my own juice.
Do the clearo tanks work better for flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread