Carto Users: How do you organize multiple flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
When it comes to flavors, I have the attention span of a lightening bolt. I don't think I'll ever find an ADV, but have definitely created quite a few flavors I do love. So, tonight, I decided to fill about 20 cartos with different flavors, so I could switch (without having to fill a new one) when the mood strikes.

Now, herin lies my dilemma:

Because the cartos I have are either black or steel, the only way of differientiating these flavors I could devise was to label them using bright-colored labels taped around the condom cover of each one. It was perfect for on-the-go, as well, since I could just pitch a few in my carry case and go.

I thought it was brilliant until I went to use one and the label pulled off the condom as I was trying to remove it the condom itself. :nah:

All those out there with flavor A.D.D., like me . . . How to you organize your stash that's easy for "on-the-go," too? Pics would be awesome, but descriptions would work, too. TIA

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
You could put them in bags with a labels on them..you can buy labels at Walmart or many stores..the labels I bought at Walmart years ago for something else I used to label bags of my old CE2's I set aside for cleaning later..I try to use the same flavors in them because without unsoldering and re-soldering it's hard to get all of an old flavor out of them..on the label makers site they have an application that you can use to print the labels or you can just write on them. I use different colored drip tips and tanks to tell my flavors apart too..Since I use tanks I have no need to keep extra full cartos around though...

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
For my 808...I'm able to get various colored cartos, so I've assigned certain colors to certain flavors. With my 510...I only have black and stainless. So I bought one of those pill organizers from Walgreens...I just got the one with 7 slots, (they are labeled by the day of the week, but oh well). The cartos fit in them perfectly, and I can get several in each slot. At first I just keep a sheet of paper near it and write down which flavors I put in each day of the week. Then it started to become memorable, so I haven't needed to keep up the hassle of the paper anymore. When I go out, I only bring about 4 or so with me...so I my carrying case (i have a few like this: Vapor King Carrying Case and I just put the flavors in alphabetical order. My PCC is a similar layout, just holders fewer cartos, but I do it the same way.

Its not a perfect method by any means...buts its been working for me. At first it seemed a little tedious, but now that I'm used to doing it I haven't had many issues.

Oh...and at first I did the same thing where I filled a ton of cartos at once so I'd just have them ready to go, but I recently stopped doing that. I had a new order of blank cartos arrive, and I've just filled a few with the flavors I'm really into at the moment (since that seems to change frequently), and that seems to be easier to manage.

Hope that helps!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I currently have 12 clearos (F-1s & "Stardusts") each filled with a different juice in rotation. I currently use pill bottles to hold 2 each. I make label/flags out of post-its (folded in half & then cut in half -stapled to keep 'em from unsticking). I write on the label w/a black sharpie so I can read the flavor through the amber bottles. It's a little messy looking on my desk, but it works, and it reuses bottles that would otherwise hit the landfill. I don't often take more than 3 juices with me on any given day - 1 on the pv & 1 pill bottle w/ 2 other flavors.

I'm currently looking for a MTM ammo case.
Either an S25D-41 (holds 25) View attachment 87601
or a J-20-MLD-41 (holds 20) View attachment 87603

Last edited:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Love the ammo holders count!
I tried the condom method with a number system, but found that even Sharpie will wear off, and the baggie method was too much work, so now I fill only a few at a time, and stay in the same flavor family - berries, citrus, chocolate, etc.
Will be looking for an ammo case though!

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
How do you organize your stash that's easy for "on-the-go," too? Pics would be awesome, but descriptions would work, too. TIA

The solution for me was a Metallic Silver Sharpie purchased at Wal-Mart. It's a permanent marker with a fine tip. If you are using black cartomizers, it works perfectly. And because it's permanent, it will never smear or smudge when used directly on a black cartomizer.

Here are two Boge cartomizers. The left one is filled with Butterscotch Caramel Cheesecake (BCC) and the right one is filled with Strawberry Lemonade (SL)
SANY00151.JPG

Here is a pic with the Boge cartomizer connected to my Firefly. Notice the cone off to the side
SANY00161.JPG

When the cone is screwed on, it covers any writing you have on the cartomizer:thumbs:
SANY00181.JPG

The Sharpie Metallic Silver permanent marker looks like this
shrpie_mtl_hdr.jpg

Go out and buy one now. Make sure to get the one with a 'fine' tip
Sharpie_Metallic_Silver.jpg

No more stickers coming off, no more smeared ink, no more confusion. This system rocks for me:headbang:

:toast:

Last edited:

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
The solution for me was a Metallic Silver Sharpie purchased at Wal-Mart. It's a permanent marker with a fine tip. If you are using black cartomizers, it works perfectly. And because it's permanent, it will never smear or smudge when used directly on a black cartomizer.

That's great - do you know if they make those metallic sharpies in various colors? This way I could just put a little colored mark on them instead of having to actually write something

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
do you know if they make those metallic sharpies in various colors? This way I could just put a little colored mark on them instead of having to actually write something

The only metallic color I saw in the Sharpie lineup was Silver. They do have other non-metallic colors in their regular permanent marker lineup (red, blue, green, etc.) but none of them will show up on a black surface

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I keep the baggies that my juice bottles come in. And I've started asking vendors to throw in a couple extras because IHNFC where to get them.

I just put the atty/carto that goes with a bottle of juice in a bag with that bottle of juice 'till it runs out, then it goes in my "to clean" bag, and I either throw away the bottle or keep it depending on whether or not I want to order more.

Some of the bags I have are just big enough to hold a loaded 3.5ml tank w/ a carto in it, a drip tip, a thread sleeve, and a 5 or 10ml bottle of juice that goes with it.

Then, my PV goes in my pocket ready to go and all the extras go in a hard drive case that stays in my laptop bag/backpack/shoulder bag.

It's working so far despite the fact that the hard drive case is kind of terrible for keeping things separate. I'll probably move to a maxpedition organizer like this in the near future……as soon as I figure out what I'm going to be carrying all day and how big of a PV/mod/battery they can hold.

kico166

ECF Veteran
OOOh I LIKE your case there Mostapha!

Those metallic Sharpies - are they the ones for writing on photo's??? Or the standard Sharpie? I have a package w/ Bronze, Gold and Silver but they don't stay on very long. I used a silver to put a ring around the carto that performed better on Manual batts ...

I used the colored caps for flavors ... however, loosing the note was the pits! :D

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
I do the sharpie method too. But I use just a regular black sharpie (I only buy silver carto's). It doesn't stay on long, but I just touch it up when it starts to get shoddy with the sharpie I keep in my vape case that goes everywhere with me. I do the initials too for the flavors. Then, since it does come off when I clean my carto's, I do not have to refill with the same juice! This is also handy for marking your ohms down too if you carry different ohm's on ya for different devices or what have ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread