Cartomizer adaptors

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngunner

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Tampa FL
I asked this question on another thread- what the hell is a cartomizer? I have a good guess- a cart w/ built in atomizer. But why is this a great idea, why do people prefer these over a normal atomizer and cart set-up? Can you refill them? I would like a cartomizer 101 lesson if someone could explain to me what they are and why they are better or worse than a traditional set-up

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I asked this question on another thread- what the hell is a cartomizer? I have a good guess- a cart w/ built in atomizer. But why is this a great idea, why do people prefer these over a normal atomizer and cart set-up? Can you refill them? I would like a cartomizer 101 lesson if someone could explain to me what they are and why they are better or worse than a traditional set-up

Check some of my posts and you'll find the answer.

There is an argument for every type of ecig gimic out there. Cartomizers are almost utterly ..... proof. They work. period. Some attys/devices produce more vapor (say 510?) some produce more flavor (901? 801?) some are really good for specific things (401-dipping, 510/901 dripping?) but..cartomizers gimic is that they produce a reliable amount of vapor, flavor and throat hit from the first drag right till theyre dead...hours worth. its not the best vapor perhaps...its not the biggest vapor, but it can be relied on. They're designed for people who cant or wont mess with their device endlessly. Some people *love* messing with their device.

When the wife loostens her purse strings and lets me get a SB, I'll be using 901 atty and cartomizers ..with cartomizers being almost exclusively being the first choice..and the 901 for when i got time to take a trip down flavor lane and dont mind mussing and fussing with it.

Cartomizers are most commonly found in GreenCig and the KR808D-1 variants..which are too numerous to list in their entirety, but include vapor king, nebula, and like 30 others. Theyre meant to be used then tossed, ultimate in convenience...not in price.

Also of note: KR808D-1 cartomizers are exact same thread dimensions/depth as a 901, with the exception that the center battery post has a slot machined in it for air flow, and at the base of the battery threads there are two tiny holes..also for airflow..they're really tiny, but with a manual device could be like 1/32" and would still function as you're controlling your own drag without need to activate a troublesome automatic light.

Last edited:

Ginger

May 25, 2009
Florida
Great summary kc0cmp

kr808d-1 cartomizers
Refills avg 5 - till the filler burns
QC - a crapshoot, underfilled/overfilled common.
Cannot restuff filler
Wicks 70% of liquid before risking burn
Hard to clean - pita to dry
Refills only - no dripping

Greencig cartomizers
Refills - max unknown (150 + ? -- YMMV) - til the solder/coil snaps
QC - good
Easy restuff filler - PTB, Polyfil etc
Wicks 99% of liquid
Very easy to clean
Refills or dripping

I was worried about a ban & stocking atomizers & wanted to see how much I could push a greencig cartomizer.
I got 109 actual days of usage before I tore it apart to check condition - I wouldn't be surprised if some said it lasted a year...
Never kept score on number of refills I was more interested in coil durability, but at least 150 refills

109 days = 2.3 Ohms
Coil clean, no gunk buildup
"hair" - discolored where touching coil - very clean elsewhere

The hairs are glued to the side, there was a slight juice buildup underneath the hairs & also around the silicon +/- (probably from dripping) this could probably be avoided with better cleaning, maybe a soak instead of just a shake type cleaning.

Internals consist of coil, hair threaded through coil, plastic coil holder & battery thread - very simple compared to other atomizers.
I am very surprised that no modders have rebuilt these GC cartomizers, all I can think is that the term disposable & the price put them off experimenting. This would be the easiest to be USA produced IMO. Under extreme circumstances, I think, I could even rebuild one (no skills, bad eyesight, arthritis).

20secs burn @ 5v = the coil melted through a couple of hairs, leaving 1/8" loose strands - so clean if you accidentally burn, otherwise you could inhale those loose hairs.

Stock GC cartomizers are good but are mid TH (better than 801), you'll get better results refilling with your own liquid.
Tastier fuller/richer/heavier vapor than 510, 901
Vapor - depends on your liquid mix - good to excellent
Wicks good at 3.7v (4.24v) - too slow at 6v for a heavy user

For usage comparison - my daily use
3ml @ 3.7v
5ml @ 5v
6ml @ 6v

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Great summary kc0cmp

kr808d-1 cartomizers
Refills avg 5 - till the filler burns
QC - a crapshoot, underfilled/overfilled common.
Cannot restuff filler
Wicks 70% of liquid before risking burn
Hard to clean - pita to dry
Refills only - no dripping

Greencig cartomizers
Refills - max unknown (150 + ? -- YMMV) - til the solder/coil snaps
QC - good
Easy restuff filler - PTB, Polyfil etc
Wicks 99% of liquid
Very easy to clean
Refills or dripping

I was worried about a ban & stocking atomizers & wanted to see how much I could push a greencig cartomizer.
I got 109 actual days of usage before I tore it apart to check condition - I wouldn't be surprised if some said it lasted a year...
Never kept score on number of refills I was more interested in coil durability, but at least 150 refills

109 days = 2.3 Ohms
Coil clean, no gunk buildup
"hair" - discolored where touching coil - very clean elsewhere

The hairs are glued to the side, there was a slight juice buildup underneath the hairs & also around the silicon +/- (probably from dripping) this could probably be avoided with better cleaning, maybe a soak instead of just a shake type cleaning.

Internals consist of coil, hair threaded through coil, plastic coil holder & battery thread - very simple compared to other atomizers.
I am very surprised that no modders have rebuilt these GC cartomizers, all I can think is that the term disposable & the price put them off experimenting. This would be the easiest to be USA produced IMO. Under extreme circumstances, I think, I could even rebuild one (no skills, bad eyesight, arthritis).

20secs burn @ 5v = the coil melted through a couple of hairs, leaving 1/8" loose strands - so clean if you accidentally burn, otherwise you could inhale those loose hairs.

Stock GC cartomizers are good but are mid TH (better than 801), you'll get better results refilling with your own liquid.
Tastier fuller/richer/heavier vapor than 510, 901
Vapor - depends on your liquid mix - good to excellent
Wicks good at 3.7v (4.24v) - too slow at 6v for a heavy user

For usage comparison - my daily use
3ml @ 3.7v
5ml @ 5v
6ml @ 6v

Ive had poor luck with my greencig cartomizers on any voltage but 3.7, and i'd guess that a big uberbatterymod would give them that "burnt juice" taste too? They are killer lifespan wise, but im confused as to how to get the burnt crap off of the coil...thats been a recurring problem with mine...picking at it with a long sewing needle works but is time consuming..and 91% alcohol isnt cutting the mustard even with a day long soak :/

as far as rebuilding them...I do actually:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...o-have-some-greencig-carts-laying-around.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread