Cartomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
I tried to post this on the new member's forum but was told by the page I was not allowed to post on that page? hmm. I did post this on ask the vets. but for some reason it did not qualify. anyway, what is the best way to fill a cartomizer needle or condom method? And why do you think that? This is probably covered somewhere on the forum but I was not able to locate it.
thanks
:ohmy:

drew999999

Mar 23, 2011
Iowa
I've tried the condom method and didn't really like it. Seemed to always go up through the center hole in the filler and overflow... Never tried needle filling, just seems like too much involved with carrying a needle around. I've always top filled my boge soft top cartos. Very fast to fill with zero mess. I think everyone has their own preferences though.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
It depends on the style of carto. What cartos are you using?

I generally prefer the condom method, but cartos with recessed filler (510 megas or XLs or dual coils) it isn't effective. Then some really need to be filled with a needle (CE2s and eGo cartos). But, the ones where the filler comes all the way to the silicone cap, the condom method is easy and not too messy.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The easiest way for me is just to put drops in from the mouth end. I slant the carto and drip until it looks slushy, and keep it slanted until the slushy look goes away. BTW, I do use drip tips instead of the white carto tips that come with them. I just pull off the drip tip to refill.

This is how I fill my cartos, too. It's the easiest and least messy way for me.

Oh, you can't start new threads in the New Members forum because you have over 70 posts.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've tried the condom method and didn't really like it. Seemed to always go up through the center hole in the filler and overflow... Never tried needle filling, just seems like too much involved with carrying a needle around. I've always top filled my boge soft top cartos. Very fast to fill with zero mess. I think everyone has their own preferences though.

I prefill three 510 cartos using a 12 ml syringe with blunt-end 20 gauge needle. About 1 minute per fill. I use white cartos so I can hold them up to a light and see through enough to tell when they are full. I'm finding out this is certainly not my original idea. I use the fill hole and *usually* do not overfill so there is no mess.

HTH,
Dave

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
It depends on the style of carto. What cartos are you using?

I generally prefer the condom method, but cartos with recessed filler (510 megas or XLs or dual coils) it isn't effective. Then some really need to be filled with a needle (CE2s and eGo cartos). But, the ones where the filler comes all the way to the silicone cap, the condom method is easy and not too messy.

I am using the ego cartos. So that may be where I have the problem with the condom method. I have tried both for extended periods and the needle seems the best but being fairly new I want to be sure I am getting it right. thank you.

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
for me, needle filling is quick and easy (boge cartos)

shove the needle to the bottom fill it up a little, switch to other side and fill it up the rest of the way.

takes like 10 seconds start to finish

Ok, I have missed something, several reference to the Boge cartos? Is that a brand name or a type of carto?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread