Cartomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
Even if your juice appears clear, it likely has some dark component in it like flavorings, or natural ingredients which can caramelize. Some of the dark crud could be all that concentrated by being left behind in the vaporizing process.

The juice I make appears very very clear, though I put tobacco absolute in it plus some non-clear flavor; I get that dark brown crud after a few days.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Yo vapo, y'know, a few days ago I tossed about 20 cartomizers.

This time I had another fairly new cartomizer with that burnt taste; it was Smoketech 1.25 ohm Dual Coil. I decided to try my cleaning kit; basically a syringe with a tube on the end that attaches to a cartomizer on the other end of the tube.

I cleaned it with hot distilled water, then followed with vodka. I didn't let it dry; refilled it immediately with the same Renegade juice that had been in the original that tasted burnt. Wa lah!

Now it tastes great.

Perhaps the reason I didn't have good results the first time I tried cleaning cartos with the kit was that I let them dry overnight. Maybe the key is to refill them immediately.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Just curious, how are you filling them? I'm fairly new to this, and when I started I ALWAYS filled from the top, and often had an issue whenI would start vaping on it before the juice had soaked into the bottom portion fully where the coils reside. Started filling them with the condom method, which shoots the juice in from the bottom through the hole in the bottom of the carto, and no problems since.

I still do get some brown stuff that comes out occasionally when topping off with my favorite, mostly clear Triple Rainbow from the Vaporcast store. That is just caramelization. That's why some people don't care for the clear cartos. They start looking pretty cruddy after a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread