Status
Not open for further replies.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
I recently bought a 19mm standard size IBtank. Im trying to find some new cartos for it but I dont know what size im looking for and dont wanna buy the wrong ones. Could anyone help me out and maybe suggest a good carto for the IBtank. Looking for something around 1.8-2.2ohm. I find I dont get as much flavour from these compared to my protank2's. But I figured maybe if I got some better cartos that might change, I believe im using the cheap SmokTech ones that come with the IBtank when you order it. I would appreciate some help. Thanks alot!

Matt

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I use smoktech. Depending on how your liquid wicks will determine if you settle on boge or smoktech. Boge has a really compacted wick. I haven't had any problems with smoktech carto's and my liquid. I'm not sure about the flange with the IB Tank. More than likely it is just a circle, but if it is made with straight sides, the full circle flange wont work with it.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
A 19mm "standard" IBtanked tank uses a 35mm carto... the XL would use a 45mm carto. You can use a 45mm carto in a standard length tank (it just sticks out the top 10mm), but not the other way 'round.

Boge sells 8 versions - 2x1mm laser punched holes or 1x2.3mm laser punched hole... then your choices are - 35mm or 45mm in LR (2.0Ω) or SR (3.0Ω).

You probably want 2x1mm holes - 35mm - LR (2.0Ω).

Just about any Boge carto you want can be had from the vendor link that "player one" supplied. And the best deals are when you buy the Sure Vapes "multi pack deals", which get you a carto for around $1.10 apiece. These are the cartos I use in all my 35mm length tanks.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
A 19mm "standard" IBtanked tank uses a 35mm carto... the XL would use a 45mm carto. You can use a 45mm carto in a standard length tank (it just sticks out the top 10mm), but not the other way 'round.

Boge sells 8 versions - 2x1mm laser punched holes or 1x2.3mm laser punched hole... then your choices are - 35mm or 45mm in LR (2.0Ω) or SR (3.0Ω).

You probably want 2x1mm holes - 35mm - LR (2.0Ω).

Just about any Boge carto you want can be had from the vendor link that "player one" supplied. And the best deals are when you buy the Sure Vapes "multi pack deals", which get you a carto for around $1.10 apiece. These are the cartos I use in all my 35mm length tanks.

Perfect thanks! Those are the ones in the last link I posted. Ill be buying a pack to test them out with my next liquid order. Thanks again fellas!

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
Hi

I prefer to use flanged, but sometimes it's hard to find them in standard size with the resistance I want. The last time I ordered from IBTanked directly. I think cartos are on their accessories page. I like Smok(tech), but I believe they sell Boge too.

Yeah the Boge's on the ibtanked site seem to be sold out alot... Ill just try them without the flange and see how I like them.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
Im afraid that if I use the non flanged carts and I happen to press down on the tank when its on my Provari, it will leak all over my vape.. Cuz when the tank is on my Provari with the flange it does leave a small gap. Im sure someone else uses the same thing im trying to, so hopefully someone can chime in and give me some info

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
There are beauty rings you can buy for a few bucks that will "fill the gap" between the mod and the tank bottom and prevent you from sliding the tank down on the carto.
I've bought a few and modified them with a file (or a lathe if you have one... but if you have a lathe, you can make your own damn beauty rings ;-) ) so that when the carto bottoms out in the 510 collar (and you have continuity), the tank touches the top of the beauty ring.
You can still slide the tank up... but with a tight fitting drip tip, that's quite a bit harder. You also may need to file or drill some notches or holes in the beauty ring to insure good air flow for your particular draw needs.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Im afraid that if I use the non flanged carts and I happen to press down on the tank when its on my Provari, it will leak all over my vape.. Cuz when the tank is on my Provari with the flange it does leave a small gap. Im sure someone else uses the same thing im trying to, so hopefully someone can chime in and give me some info

You shouldn't need a flanged carto. My Ikenvape Platinum cartos don't have a flange. The IBTanked holds the carto securely and even snugly without sliding off easily.

Having said that, use common sense. Don't pick your mod up by the cartotank, pick it up by grabbing the mod itself. I put my mods in my pocket all the time. Sometimes I pull them out of the pocket by the tank, but that's poor common sense. But in reality, the tank fits snugly enough on the carto that I can often do this. I've never had a tank fall off a carto accidentally. Those who have experienced this likely were using the cheap Smoktech DCT tanks which notoriously fit loosy-goosy.

Last edited:

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
I use the Smoktech flanged cartos that IBTanked sells. They work perfectly with the IBT and I use mine on a ProVari as well. As others have already said, you need the standard (35mm) cartos for the standard tank. I tried the Boge cartos and didn't like them as well - the thicker filler material seemed to gunk up quicker and I ended up with a really hard draw and/or nasty burned taste. The Smoktechs have been lasting longer and giving me better flavor, IMO.

Since the bottom cap on the IBT doesn't have a recess machined into it, the flange on the carto creates a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the body of the ProVari. It doesn't bother me a bit and I don't intend to buy a beauty ring to hide it - I guess I'm just not that worried about minor aesthetics.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
I use the Smoktech flanged cartos that IBTanked sells. They work perfectly with the IBT and I use mine on a ProVari as well. As others have already said, you need the standard (35mm) cartos for the standard tank. I tried the Boge cartos and didn't like them as well - the thicker filler material seemed to gunk up quicker and I ended up with a really hard draw and/or nasty burned taste. The Smoktechs have been lasting longer and giving me better flavor, IMO.

Since the bottom cap on the IBT doesn't have a recess machined into it, the flange on the carto creates a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the body of the ProVari. It doesn't bother me a bit and I don't intend to buy a beauty ring to hide it - I guess I'm just not that worried about minor aesthetics.

Im not really worried about aesthetics as well, I just figured i may get better flavour with a Boge carto and the only ones I can find near me are either non flanged or have the big circle flange. I have the gap right now and all it does is create a little more of an airy flow. But its not a big deal. I guess ill try 1 box of the non flanged cartos and see how they work, if i dont like them ill stick with the SmokTech's. But I appreciate all the replies. Thanks guys

Matt

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Flangeless cartos work fine; I'm using one right now. I haven't had a problem with them leaking. There's sometimes a little juice on the battery connection, but that happens periodically with all of my gear. I prefer flanged because sometimes I push or pull the carto too hard when refilling it and have to spend time getting it flush to the bottom of the cap. That's just me being a bit obsessive. The only time I've ever had any carto tank "leak" (I also have a VVV polypro tank) was when I accidentally pushed the entire carto out of an IBTanked and dumped juice in my lap.

Last edited:

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
...The only time I've ever had any carto tank "leak" (I also have a VVV polypro tank) was when I accidentally pushed the entire carto out of an IBTanked and dumped juice in my lap.
I haven't had that happen yet, but I sure hold onto that bottom cap when I refill, to make sure I don't push the bottom cap off and dump a tank full o' juice everywhere! The caps actually stay on there real well, but better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread