• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cartos vs Dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
lelly, yes that's correct - 306 attys have a 510 threading, so they will fit the 510, or eGo. If you want a LR 306 atomizer definitely get the Cisco. I've heard tons of good things about 'em, over & over. LR 306 atty from Cisco is definitely a favourite for many vapers. And just as inked said above, on your eGo use it with a 306-compatible drip tip, & without the cone.

huggy.gif

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
LR anything and eGo batts is not recommended.

Folks use them and that is cool. They will fail prematurely that needs to be known. Some are willing to accept justifiable risk,
and that is cool as well. Furthermore, you are not getting the full experience LRs have to offer, when using the proper battery.

Metaphorically speaking, using an LR on a standard battery is like running up a hill, whilst using an IMR or high drain battery is like running on an even plane. Which one is more tiresome, and which one is more apt to give you a heart attack?

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I like the CE-2's for the convenience

I lol'd

I was told to rinse out my ce2, let it dry over night, dry burn it 5 times, and then take out two hard ... rings, then fill it with a syringe. I dunno what you do when you drip that's less convenient then that lol

( I know what you mean, once you get it going it's easier, still made me laugh )

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Just wondering the same things as I have seen alot of reccomendations for LR with eGo's. Would the 900mAh be better than the 650?

more mah = better.

It's a bit longer, but still pretty tiny. I bring the 900mah with me everywhere, and is my go to device for dripping. Lasts me all day at work, and most, if not all of the evening.

900 mah ego with a LR cisco 306 is pretty much where you should be.

edit: OH SNAP, ECF Veteran status!

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
LR anything and eGo batts is not recommended.

Folks use them and that is cool. They will fail prematurely that needs to be known. Some are willing to accept justifiable risk,
and that is cool as well. Furthermore, you are not getting the full experience LRs have to offer, when using the proper battery.

Metaphorically speaking, using an LR on a standard battery is like running up a hill, whilst using an IMR or high drain battery is like running on an even plane. Which one is more tiresome, and which one is more apt to give you a heart attack?

Agreed, when it comes to e-cig hardware I have lost more eGo batteries than anything else. Some just fail while others get hot to the touch after just a few vapes, and eventually fail.

I figured this was the batteries failing and not the atties I used but in hindsight this explains a lot. Recognizing this, IMO if you have never tried LR and own an eGo, then give it a shot to see what you're missing. If you like LR more, then hunt around for a Mod (preferably 18650-ish) to use the LR's on. Otherwise you can expect a broken battery fairly quickly and eGo batteries are not cheap!

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I just now for the first time read your banner NoizMaker, thats quite a lot of vaping, lol.

LMAO that's funny I guess it is having some issues right now because by that calculation I have been vaping for just over 41 years. I guess I'll have to change that :D **edit: done, lol now it seems about right**

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Are the ego batteries not able too produce enough current? Or is it just that it will wear them out faster?

a 650mAh batt puts out 0.65A and the 900mAh 0.9A. Applying the rule of thumb that unless otherwise stated LI Ions have a maximum discharge rating of 1C. The *** fire series have a max discharge capacity of 1.5C which translate to 0.98A and 1.35A respectively. A std 1.5 LR is looking for 2.5A as a supply, a little short of twice what the battery can offer.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Agreed, when it comes to e-cig hardware I have lost more eGo batteries than anything else. Some just fail while others get hot to the touch after just a few vapes, and eventually fail.

I figured this was the batteries failing and not the atties I used but in hindsight this explains a lot. Recognizing this, IMO if you have never tried LR and own an eGo, then give it a shot to see what you're missing. If you like LR more, then hunt around for a Mod (preferably 18650-ish) to use the LR's on. Otherwise you can expect a broken battery fairly quickly and eGo batteries are not cheap!

No need to go to that extent (18650) an AW IMR 14500 will do the job and only has a mAh of 550, but a max discharge of 4 amps.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
I lol'd

I was told to rinse out my ce2, let it dry over night, dry burn it 5 times, and then take out two hard ... rings, then fill it with a syringe. I dunno what you do when you drip that's less convenient then that lol

( I know what you mean, once you get it going it's easier, still made me laugh )

that's hillarious!

I just plug a drip tip into the atty, drop some liquid, press the little button and it's all good.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
... I debridged an atty, removed the wicking material (yes an atty), and used an empty cart for a tip. I thouroughly rinsed the atty out and dried it out, then dry burned it to make sure it was dry. I put three drops in there and tried to vape on it, nothing at all. ...

Hey Blitzkrieg - I'm a bit mystified by "debridging" - and the reason for it - what's it accomplishes for vaping.

If you have a moment - or anyone else does - fill me in?

BlitzkriegTim

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Shannon, Quebec, Canada
This is quite an old post and at the time since I hadn't tried dripping at all I saw a youtube video on how to debridge a 510 atty to supposedly make it better. Basically the idea is to remove a bunch of stuff from inside the atty so that there's nothing between the coil and the juice. Supposedly producing more vapor and stopping any burnt atty taste. For me this did no good at all but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread