Cartridge life for Tornado/Ego - help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londoner

Dec 31, 2009
UK
I've had my Tornado for 10 days now and loving it. I had a 510 and a Greensmoke before.

I wonder if anyone could give me any advice about refilling cartridges or making them last longer?

I find the Tornado burns up juice really quickly, and it seems I'm constantly running the gauntlet between burnt-out cartridge taste and flooding the atty. If I top up every few draws, it's great, but that's difficult when I'm not at home. It makes the Tornado difficult to use when I'm at work, in the car, or out in the evening.

I'd put this down to inexpertise at refilling cartridges, but it's the same if I use the prefilled ones.

The filling material in the cartridges tends to stick to the atty and pull apart, or shrink to about half its length. I've read about an alternative filling called blue foam - what is that, would it solve my problem, and where might I get it (I live in the UK)?

Thanks for any replies, I've now been smoke-free for a week and want to keep it up. (Actually I lit a tobacco cig today and tried to smoke it - I couldn't - too disgusting! The e-cig *has* to work!)

dreamweaver3913

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Oconomowoc, WI
Had my eGo/Tornado for a week and a half now. It does go through the juice but I've found a few things that help...

Using the Marineland Rite-Size U filter material as a filler helps (I don't use the blue foam dart mod... just the filter material cut about 1 1/4 the size of the cart in kind of a trapezoid shape, larger towards the top.)

Another thing that helps with the traditional filler is "packing" it just like a pack of analogs... tap it on the battery end to work the liquid down towards the atty.

When dripping... drip often.... about every 5-10 drags depending on the length of the drag, etc.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Bummer. I've got one in transit, anticipating delivery in a few days.

Considering all the bragging about battery life, it's ironic that it should have such problems with juice supply. Can any other cart-atomizer combo be used with it? Perhaps one which has a higher capacity?

I hope the eGo/Tornado doesn't turn out to be a purchase I regret. I knew it uses the 510 atty, and my 510 is the least favorite in my arsenal so far. But, I'd also read somewhere on this forum that it performed better with the eGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread