Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
CASAA is pleased to announce that Alex Clark will be serving as our Legislative Coordinator. Many of you know that Alex has served on CASAA’s Board of Directors and as our Legislative Director for the past year and a half, both of which are volunteer positions. Given the massive increase in legislative activity and CASAA’s expanding advocacy efforts, we decided that it was time to hire a full-time person to help manage our various activities.

In the past two years, our membership has increased nearly 16-fold from 8,000 to 126,000 members. 2015 was our busiest legislative season ever, with CASAA issuing more than 200 calls to action for federal, state, and local matters, and in 2015, our members took more than 650,000 actions (emails/phone calls) through our advocacy platform. We anticipate that the 2016 legislative season will be even busier, and we are taking steps to meet this demand by, among other things, hiring Alex to devote his considerable efforts to CASAA on a full-time basis.

We are grateful for Alex’s past volunteer work as a valued member of our Board of Directors, and we are excited that he has agreed to step down from his director position to take on this demanding new role on our leadership team.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
CASAA is pleased to announce that Alex Clark will be serving as our Legislative Coordinator. Many of you know that Alex has served on CASAA’s Board of Directors and as our Legislative Director for the past year and a half, both of which are volunteer positions. Given the massive increase in legislative activity and CASAA’s expanding advocacy efforts, we decided that it was time to hire a full-time person to help manage our various activities.

In the past two years, our membership has increased nearly 16-fold from 8,000 to 126,000 members. 2015 was our busiest legislative season ever, with CASAA issuing more than 200 calls to action for federal, state, and local matters, and in 2015, our members took more than 650,000 actions (emails/phone calls) through our advocacy platform. We anticipate that the 2016 legislative season will be even busier, and we are taking steps to meet this demand by, among other things, hiring Alex to devote his considerable efforts to CASAA on a full-time basis.

We are grateful for Alex’s past volunteer work as a valued member of our Board of Directors, and we are excited that he has agreed to step down from his director position to take on this demanding new role on our leadership team.
Can someone please tell me who removed the Tom Cole HB2058(I think that is the number) from the budget bill? I understood both the House and Senate supported it. Maybe I should ask--in negotiations who agreed to drop it from the budget bill?

Reactions: LaraC

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Can someone please tell me who removed the Tom Cole HB2058(I think that is the number) from the budget bill? I understood both the House and Senate supported it. Maybe I should ask--in negotiations who agreed to drop it from the budget bill?

There were two separate efforts to get the grandfather dated changed . . . (1) HR 2058 "Cole Bill" (which is alive and well, and still gaining sponsors) and (2) the appropriations bill with a rider in it about the grandfather date that would basically do the same thing as the Cole Bill.

The appropriations bill involved a whole lot of horse trading, and at the end of the day, the language we wanted was struck as legislators were busy compromising.

I can't say that the failure should be laid at the feet of any one person, and instead, we should be busy continuing to promote HR 2058, asking our representatives to add their names as co-sponsors . . . and then thanking those who actually do it.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
There were two separate efforts to get the grandfather dated changed . . . (1) HR 2058 "Cole Bill" (which is alive and well, and still gaining sponsors) and (2) the appropriations bill with a rider in it about the grandfather date that would basically do the same thing as the Cole Bill.

The appropriations bill involved a whole lot of horse trading, and at the end of the day, the language we wanted was struck as legislators were busy compromising.

I can't say that the failure should be laid at the feet of any one person, and instead, we should be busy continuing to promote HR 2058, asking our representatives to add their names as co-sponsors . . . and then thanking those who actually do it.
Yes,I understand. Who was opposed to changing the date of the deeming regs? Someone had to attempt to block it in order for it to be removed in the negotiation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread