Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
CLR is my absolute favorite! Got me off analogs for good, so I'll always keep a bottle just in case the urge hits. I vape it every night, watching tv in bed, waiting (forever it seems), to get sleepy. I'm disabled, have a lot of pain issues & this is a very "comforting" vape for me. I seriously don't care about the cost 37.50. It's so worth it. Gotta try the Gentleman's reserve now.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If you can't get it online you could check to see if an authorized dealer near you has some. My local B&M carries five pawns (though I'm not sure about the Reserve) so I pick it up locally.

At $27.50 a bottle, it's a little too convenient ;)
I believe that is for the castle long which I have and live, the castle long reserve is like another 10 dollars and I haven't tried yet, but last night I found and ordered a bottle from indy vapor shop, can't wait! The problem is going to be, if i really like it, i won't be able to keep stock.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
My wife and I tested the regular Castle Long and the oak barrel-aged Castle Long Reserve back-to-back this past weekend.

We definitely prefer the CLR. We noted a bit of harshness in the un-aged CL. The CLR added pleasant smoky notes and mellowed out the flavors. Very similar to what charred oak barrel aging does to alchohol.

It makes sense - charcoal is an excellent filtering medium. Just one gram of activated carbon has a surface area in excess of 500 square meters.

Ive heard of charcoal being used as a filter before, how does that work? I mean what do you think its filtering out of the regular CL?

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
Oh my.....I got my Castle Long Reserve today and it is the best juice I have ever tried. The oak barrel aging gives it a satisfying depth. I buy expensive, medium and cheap liquid. I try to use a lot of cheap with a nice satisfying nighttime vape. I cannot describe the difference how much I love Castle Long Reserve. It is a pity, because I have tried so many less expensive one hoping to fine the jewel. I do really like Mt. Baker Vapor Hawk Sauce for a cheaper vape. I have tried many, many vendors in 3 1/2 years. I buy at brick and mortars and order off the internet. I may have to try Steam Co. for a cheaper alternative to get a similar taste.

I am using an Aerotank with the factory sub ohm coils.

My three favorites EVER (in 3.5 years) are:

Castle Long Reserve - Five Pawns
Gray Ghost - by Vigilante at Nashville Vapor
Perpetual Check - Five Pawns

Last edited:

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh my.....I got my Castle Long Reserve today and it is the best juice I have ever tried.
I am using an Aerotank with the factory sub ohm coils.

My three favorites EVER (in 3.5 years) are:

Castle Long Reserve - Five Pawns
Gray Ghost - by Vigilante at Nashville Vapor
Perpetual Check - Five Pawns

Have you tried Five Pawns Grandmaster?

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
*sigh*... guess I need to order some before it's gone again. I love the "regular" CL.

I might be considered a weirdo but my favorite juice (not just my favorite 5P juice) is Sixty Four. I can vape it all day, every day. Let's see if CLR can dethrone the king.

Yes! Get some! LOL I love CL but CLR is a more rounded out, filled in flavour.

Don't worry about being a weirdo. While I don't care for Sixty Four, I didn't find it horrible. However, despite my love for peanut butter flavours, I can't stand Grandmaster! In fact, I don't taste any PB in it at all; all I can taste is the banana. Ugh, I'll pass!

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Five Pawns sent me a dram sample of Grandmaster and I really like it. I have also bought and liked 64 and Lucena. There is really no other company that I like everything I have bought. I keep these and use them for night, special and when I just feel like it. I add my Gray Ghost to that stash.

Try Queenside sometime! Blood Orange and French Vanilla :) I actually didn't expect to like that one because I thought it would taste too much like a creamsicle.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Last month I tried cl for the first time and am really liking this juice alot. Being I like a pretty strong throat hit I have been getting the cl at 18 mg nic. I recently found some clr and had to purchase it although the mg strength was only 12. Well as I expected the throat hit is pretty weak and have tried a few tweaks in my set up, but still can't fully enjoy. I do like the flavor of the clr over the cl but wish it came in a higher nic Content. Some say I can add more nic to it but that it may dilute the flavor, not to sure.

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Some say I can add more nic to it but that it may dilute the flavor, not to sure.

That would be sad. Sort of like putting water in a glass of Chevas (or so I've been told). Some things just aren't done.

I vape 12mg and would gladly take it off your hands.... ;)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That would be sad. Sort of like putting water in a glass of Chevas (or so I've been told). Some things just aren't done.

I vape 12mg and would gladly take it off your hands.... ;)
It's probably the best juice I have ever tasted but if it doesn't thump my throat It just isn't satisfying. I have a full bottle of cl that's 18mg, maybe add them together, not sure.

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's probably the best juice I have ever tasted but if it doesn't thump my throat It just isn't satisfying. I have a full bottle of cl that's 18mg, maybe add them together, not sure.

I don't know anything (yet) about DIY but maybe someone who does will come along or you could ask in one of the DIY threads... if you had 100mg nic and you only wanted to get a 12mg to 18mg in a 30ml bottle, you might only need the tiniest bit of it. It might not dilute it much, if at all.

I'd definitely go to the DIY thread and ask. No sense not enjoying a $37.50 bottle of juice! And the investment in nicotine wouldn't be a waste if you ever wanted to DIY something yourself or bump up one of your juices.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I don't know anything (yet) about DIY but maybe someone who does will come along or you could ask in one of the DIY threads... if you had 100mg nic and you only wanted to get a 12mg to 18mg in a 30ml bottle, you might only need the tiniest bit of it. It might not dilute it much, if at all.

I'd definitely go to the DIY thread and ask. No sense not enjoying a $37.50 bottle of juice! And the investment in nicotine wouldn't be a waste if you ever wanted to DIY something yourself or bump up one of your juices.
Good point, thanks

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well, well, well... look what showed up in the mail today.

rlv1p7.jpg

I'm no stranger to FP (and "regular" CL) but this is my first bottle of CLR. This untouched bottle was born on 10/01/2013. I'd say it's steeped long enough, lol. The smell and flavor are simply amazing. Dripping it in my Infinite CLT with .27ohm twisted 26ga duals.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, well, well... look what showed up in the mail today.

rlv1p7.jpg

I'm no stranger to FP (and "regular" CL) but this is my first bottle of CLR. This untouched bottle was born on 10/01/2013. I'd say it's steeped long enough, lol. The smell and flavor are simply amazing. Dripping it in my Infinite CLT with .27ohm twisted 26ga duals.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I am so jealous right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread