Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Quit crying and send it.... You're killing me... I gave you an out. Take it.... Not trying to be a dbag but I need you to understand. Your issue stem from not getting a decent coil set up on it the rest is chin music. If it says anything at all I will be keeping at least 2 Rems and all the derringers are for sale. I find the rem to be the answer to most of my dreams for a small atty. the Bonsai is no slouch either. Again while this may sound harsh what you are doing is the equivalent of standing in a Ford Dealership screaming at the top of your lungs that the breaks don't last as long on your mustang as the do on your Taurus. Yes it's a challenging design but so are many others, the Veritas for instance.
Downshift
Dump clutch
Repeat until in first gear idling
Depress clutch
Switch to second gear
Rev to 2500 rpm
Dump clutch
Cut wheel
When vehicle returns to 180 deg from original direction depress clutch and straighten wheel
Rev rpms and dump clutch again
Depress clutch and release throttle when motion halts

The right Mustang doesn't need brakes at all.

Tapatyped

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
BF Nectar Nano in the house! 26ga on a 2mm bit for a nice hot tasty vape. Waiting on some quality ss to wick up.
883dcf7a0fc3c5f5563319c1b4e86dcc.jpg

2cfaee0d6acae73bbf491d1061cb71a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: As requested

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I thought about it bro I really did. But I didn't want one of the only comments on the vid to be negative...I did give the vid a thumbs down. That was because the video was awful...The worst and least informative build vid I've ever seen.
No kidding doesn't even explain how to put those bends in the wire! He probably had something better to do. Lol

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
You really don't need any fancy bends with the Rem, just bend a pair of standard coils the give the leg that you desire on the neg a 15 degree kick at the coil, insert the positive in first and let the kick snap into the negative terminal. The more you pull and prod at the wire the more the kanthal is stressed. I could see building the Rem with anything smaller than 28 or twisted being very challenging. If I were designing the Rem, would I have used the negative coil terminals the some ways? No. Most attys I see I would have done a little different, some attys I get to improve most I can't without starting over.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... thinking of a third Tmod if the Lancia I've had sitting around is in my wheel-house, I'm a MTL hitter. I haven't seen much feedback on the Lancia's, has anyone used theirs??

Good Golly Miss Molly, I'm loving the Lancia, Dual coil @.345 1.5mm ID, really good flavor & vapor, using all four of the smallest inserts. Between this and the Marquis, I'm in Vape heaven right now.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
On the subject of the REMatty... my .31 ohm 24ga build has been working fine on my REO albeit without the flavor I was expecting. For kicks, I tossed it on a regulated mod to see how it behaves with some power under it. And, I have to say, the thing really wakes up on a regulated mod at 60W. Flavor started popping a lot better. I'm thinking this will be the atty which goes on my SX350J Tmod. For me, at least, the REMatty needs some power driving it.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
You really don't need any fancy bends with the Rem, just bend a pair of standard coils the give the leg that you desire on the neg a 15 degree kick at the coil, insert the positive in first and let the kick snap into the negative terminal. The more you pull and prod at the wire the more the kanthal is stressed. I could see building the Rem with anything smaller than 28 or twisted being very challenging. If I were designing the Rem, would I have used the negative coil terminals the some ways? No. Most attys I see I would have done a little different, some attys I get to improve most I can't without starting over.

Man, I'd change something on EVERY atty I've ever used. Of course, I'd end up butchering most of them something fierce, but I'd get a few right. Armchair vaping should be an olympic sport.:toast:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Quit crying and send it.... You're killing me... I gave you an out. Take it.... Not trying to be a dbag but I need you to understand. Your issue stem from not getting a decent coil set up on it the rest is chin music. If it says anything at all I will be keeping at least 2 Rems and all the derringers are for sale. I find the Rem to be the answer to most of my dreams for a small atty. the Bonsai is no slouch either. Again while this may sound harsh what you are doing is the equivalent of standing in a Ford Dealership screaming at the top of your lungs that the breaks don't last as long on your mustang as the do on your Taurus. Yes it's a challenging design but so are many others, the Veritas for instance.
I am taking it, sending tomorrow. Not in any way trying to upset you but I can see where my posts would do so...sorry bro. I wouldn't stand in a Ford dealership to save my life :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
So do you cut the neg legs to length? Or have extra coming out the other end? I'm now thinking by stressing the coil like I've been doing is the reason for hot legs

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
b74d385bf823b57adebcd4077ad7ccfc.jpg

I put a bend in the negative wire where it would go into the slot. No problem. Positive screw does seem slightly short but like stated before an extra wire worked. Longer screw or grub fixes that I think. Still liking the vape though.

Dear Sloth, I followed the above pic by Harleyndn. I put the positive in first as CH suggested. With my fingers I gently pushed the end of the negative leg towards the positive post until I could slip the negative leg into the slot. Let go of the negative leg and it slides into place in the slot. Tightened the negative down, repeated for the second coil then tightened down the positive. Clip the legs like any other atty once done. I have to criss cross my positive wires under the positive screw when using thinner wire to keep them from slipping up the side of the positive screw. The two positive wires form an "X" under the positive screw. I don't do that when using 26g. There is no movement in the coils. I am not using grubs yet.

I also took others' advise and moved my coils close to the deck which improved flavor.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I can't wait to build and make a video on the REM. unless it all goes wrong :). I'll still video it though so ya'll can see what kind o dumb ayuss I really am :)

I should have videoed myself trying to build other attys :). Cussing would have been excessive :)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I do leave the coil legs long when wrapping them, long enough to extend past the deck. Stubby coils would be very hard to deal with on the Rem. again I will readily concede that the Rem is a challenge but nowhere near as difficult as the Veritas in dual coil. To me it seemed more along the lines of the Odin (1 or 2) in difficulty and to be perfectly honest I had a very hard time with my first build of the Odin 1. It took me 2 nights and 7 pairs of coils to get it to not hot leg. I get it and at the time I wanted nothing more than for someone to extend the same olive branch to me. I was alone in a sea of people that had mastered it on the first shot and there I was losing my mind over a 1 oz chunk of stainless. I have been there, I'm trying to make the world of bottom feeding more user friendly and less snobby and cliquish. When I said send it I will set it up for you I meant every word. I dispise the snooty and if I ever come off as such please read it again and if it still seems so feel free to call me out on it. This Shiitte has become my life and at times I can take it and myself a little too seriously.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I am taking it, sending tomorrow. Not in any way trying to upset you but I can see where my posts would do so...sorry bro. I wouldn't stand in a Ford dealership to save my life :)

Like Dem Chebbys do ya... Check out Amari King on You tube... He is my Idol. The Coloraydo is epic...

Anyway... Yes I leave 'em long and trim at the end.

Btw Sloth: I'm not mad at you I deal with my issues as they come up instead of letting it fester, like some previous list runners might or might not have done. Me and you are good.

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
Ok, got my REMatty
The 2 builds on it I did were ok, a little PITA, (1st build too big, I didn't realize the cap came down so low) LOL

Using build #2, seems ok, but what the HELL are you guys using for drip tips??
The hole is too big for a standard, and too frickin' hot to just stove-pipe! :evil:

Reactions: havok333

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Ok, got my REMatty
The 2 builds on it I did were ok, a little PITA, (1st build too big, I didn't realize the cap came down so low) LOL

Using build #2, seems ok, but what the HELL are you guys using for drip tips??
The hole is too big for a standard, and too frickin' hot to just stove-pipe! :evil:

Unless you love that stovepipe vape you need the slam cap. I'm not sure if it $5 or $8 now but it makes the Rem great for folks that don't enjoy felating a transit bus.

jeffreyace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
minnesota
I do leave the coil legs long when wrapping them, long enough to extend past the deck. Stubby coils would be very hard to deal with on the Rem. again I will readily concede that the Rem is a challenge but nowhere near as difficult as the Veritas in dual coil. To me it seemed more along the lines of the Odin (1 or 2) in difficulty and to be perfectly honest I had a very hard time with my first build of the Odin 1. It took me 2 nights and 7 pairs of coils to get it to not hot leg. I get it and at the time I wanted nothing more than for someone to extend the same olive branch to me. I was alone in a sea of people that had mastered it on the first shot and there I was losing my mind over a 1 oz chunk of stainless. I have been there, I'm trying to make the world of bottom feeding more user friendly and less snobby and cliquish. When I said send it I will set it up for you I meant every word. I dispise the snooty and if I ever come off as such please read it again and if it still seems so feel free to call me out on it. This Shiitte has become my life and at times I can take it and myself a little too seriously.
Thanks for extending me this offer.

Just kidding. Don't like the atty. If I can't throw a build in in 5mins it doesn't work for me. I understand why they did slots to keep the chamber smaller, but really fn slots? Then I get 4 screws that are a atleast a 1/16 to short is bad qc to begin with. Nothing against you ch as your work on it is flawless to say the least but rematty has lost me.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Sloth-ster bro I was thinking Tommy boy was gonna throw down a "no soup for you........ 2 months! I guess your on probation....... Haha lol I love this thread! Tom doesn't take any skaat....... Jus messing around......

On a serious note Tom did you ever consider reworking that stupid nut used as the positive connection on the vertias...... I'm wondering if you can go bigger and drill the post to capture wire without spinning the wire and ruining the coil...... There's gotta be a better idea than what they came up with??? Veritas 1.2 can't picture the marquis........ Isn't that the vertias Jr that has a crown type of locking nut on the positive post? Jus curious.... I'd pay for a modded vertias if it was reworked to make duals easier!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread