The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CE2 & Map Tank w/ Provari

Discussion in 'Tank Issues' started by pappajon, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pappajon

pappajon Full Member Verified Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Carson, CA
    So, Ive waited long to try this and so far im not too excited with the outcome...
    I am currently using the 510 MAP-Tank E2 Mod 2.4 ohm on my ProVari @ 4.8 (I like it hot with good TH and Vape) with Havana (100VG) :vapor:
    When I Vape, after one good hit, I get a mouthful of FIRE…:mad: Super Dry Hit!!!8-o Is it because my juice is so thick that it is not wicking well? I did find, if I tilted the provari upside down to get the juice to the coils ill get 1 good hit.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    IMG_0298.jpg

2. Dying2Live

Dying2Live Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    wow looks very pretty :). my proVari just came in yesterday, thinking about picking up a CE2 Map Tank soon for it.

3. Dying2Live

Sep 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I've also heard that proVari can be a bit too powerful for the ce2s (just doesn't wick fast enough to keep up) but I figured a tank would solve that....guess not

4. Dying2Live

Sep 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    also yes 100% VG has always seemed to be way too thick for any ce2..try picking up some PG and dilute it down a bit should def wick alot better.

5. rogue44status

rogue44status Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    bristol VA
    yeah the ce2 are my favorite on my provari but i have to wait and turn upside down for it to wick fast enuf. you jsut have to wait in between they jsut dont wick fast enuf to keep up with the provari. have you tried fluffing the wicks ? im gonna pick up the line genisis hopefully it will wick faster with the ss mesh wick

6. f4ifrank

f4ifrank Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2009
    NE Georgia
    I know what you mean, I just got some ce2's to try out and I have to constantly turn it upside down. I can't vape it any higher than 3.8 volts, a little to cool for my taste. Let me know if you figure anything out.

7. faux_sheaux

faux_sheaux Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Honolulu
    Give cartos a try. I use a 3ohm carto tank and it runs flawlessly @ 5.5v cartotank.jpg

8. Streetrat

Streetrat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2011
    Texas
    Using a 2.8 ce2 in a torpedo tank.... It vapes wonderfully!... Using 80pg 20vg
    .. Usually at 4.2 to 4.4v
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

9. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    I had to give up on 100% VG DIY, Now I mix at least 50/50 PG/VG, and usually > % PG than VG. Some reason straight VG made my nose drip. Last few weeks I've given up the nic and left the flavor out of my DIY. Now I'm 0Nic0FA, Zero nicotine Zero Flavor Added. Might have to go back to adding alittle flavor though. Seems the non smoking public sees vapor and are certain that they smell something. So, might as well give them alittle Cinnamon to smell on. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

10. Dying2Live

Sep 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    same setup!
    photo(1).jpg

11. f4ifrank

f4ifrank Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2009
    NE Georgia
    Can you tell me what your setup is?

12. Dying2Live

Sep 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    by the picture his setup is a ProVari, with a punched 3ohm cartomizer in a DC TANK

13. pappajon

Aug 23, 2011
    Carson, CA
    I used to use cartos. i just dont like the affect it has on the taste... I think i can tase the filler in them. Or maybe my hole needs to be bigger for it to absord the 100%VG juice im using. I did let it sit for a couple of days and when i tried it the first time it was great!

I thought the CE2 would fix that problem... but its a super slow wick.

14. faux_sheaux

faux_sheaux Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Honolulu
    Bingo! Judging by your av Dying2Live, that wasn't too hard to identify=)

f4i, it is indeed a 3ohm carto in a dc tank. The carto in it is actually a single coil 3ohm, according to volcano, where I bought it from. Pappajon, I agree with you about how cartos affects juices, especially once you've hit a dry vape on that carto. When I run a ce2 carto or clearo on 3.7 devices, they taste way better and usually wick well. However, in a tank, cartos have been working well for me. I honestly don't know my pg/vg ratio on my juices since volcano doesn't list them. Because the cartos I use are just "dotted" and they wick pretty good. I tried using "punched" 2.5ohm cartos which at 6v, produces a cool and juicy vape... yack. Like you said, you might just need a bigger hole on the carto. Good luck!

15. sobero4

sobero4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2010
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    I was in love with the torpedo CE2 tank until I tried a dual coil tank from MAP...way better vapor production, no polyfill taste, tons of flavor, easy to fill without making a mess, no gurgling, no leaking, no cutting of the tubing base like on the CE2s, the list goes on and on. I was skeptical because i have historically disliked cartomizers, but this DCT setup really works flawlessly.

16. pappajon

Aug 23, 2011
    Carson, CA
    What mod are you using it with?! Is there a big difference with dual and single coil? I have had some people tell me it's better to use a single coil vs a dual coil unless u have something like a mechanical LR. I have yet to figure out the answer...
    This is what i have concluded...Is this correct?!: if the resistance of each coil is 1.5ohms,..That totals in a 3ohm carto. Wouldn't the ProVari error before it can push a higher voltage bc it is reading as a 1.5 carto only? A mechanical would push the atty relative to the output of a charged battery.
    ProVari would be similar to pushing a single coil 3ohm at only 3.7 or so?(not enough voltage for a good vape)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.