CE2 wick problem or cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
I make it a habit to rinse, move the wick a bit through the coil and try to rinse the gunk off it and then let it dry, dry burn, etc.

The wicks are very fragile and it seems just moving them through the coil once frays them to the point of destruction. Anyone know of another way to get the residue off without destroying or fraying the wick?

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
Do you rinse again after burning them in? I might just start rinsing in hot water, dring, dry burn and then wither blow out the coil with air to get the ash out, or rinse again. That method would take twice as long, but if I can get more than three weeks out of a CE2 I'm for it.

Thing is the assembly is rock solid except for the wick. If it weren't for that, they would last almost forever. Is there a tutorial or pics of the SS wick set up I have heard mention of some making?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I make it a habit to rinse, move the wick a bit through the coil and try to rinse the gunk off it and then let it dry, dry burn, etc.

The wicks are very fragile and it seems just moving them through the coil once frays them to the point of destruction. Anyone know of another way to get the residue off without destroying or fraying the wick?

Where did you buy your CE2's?

I get mine from gotvapes.com and the wicks are Fat and Pretty Durable.

I like to Clean them with a Dentek Dental Brush at Every Refill and I haven't had any Problems with the Wicks coming apart.

If you Soak the wicks in White Vinegar for about an Hour or so it does a Good job of dissolving the black "gunk" that accumulates on the Wick.

Then Rinse/Dry the CE2 in Hot Water and your ready to Dry Burn.

Ron R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Albuquerque,NM
never ever try to move the wick in the coil you will almost allways destroy it, the best thing to do is rinse the ce2 under hot water, pat it dry with a paper towel untill the wicks on the outside of the cup are dry, then dry burn the wick until lits totally white again inside the coil, you may have to do this in three second burst a number of times so just be patient, in the end with a little patience your ce2 should work like brand new, these things are great and can last a long time with alittle patience and effort, it wont kill you trust me. You can not beat the ce2's for flavor or throat hit, they are the bomb in the end. HOPE THIS HELPS GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
never ever try to move the wick in the coil you will almost allways destroy it, ...

I dunno.

I Brush mine with Dentek Brushes, Pick at it with a Straight Pin to Get Baked on Gunk Off and Poke it thru the Battery Hole with a Paper Clip if the Draw gets too Tight.

Maybe some of the CE2's, or CE2 Knock-Offs, out there have More Fragile wicks then mine?

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
I use the Royal Smokers CE2 XL with the fancy sticker on the box, so not the fat wick Fluxo. Can't beat the price compared to GV's. I might look into them if the wick is that much better though.

Those must be the ones I see all over youtube reviews where they have multiple strands of fat wick material. I always thought those were homemade mods.

Last edited:

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Great idea about the white vinegar soaks. I had not thought of that - but that would probabl work great at de-gunking a wick.

I soak mine in hot distilled water, let them soak, blow through the bottom with a syringe full of hot water (flushes out the cup and gives a "pressure wash" on the wick). Blot dry, then dry burn.

I'm still getting used to working with the GV Visions that have a bit of glue on the tube (making the tube leak proof, but making them a bit fiddly to clean). The vinegar soak would probably work great.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use the Royal Smokers CE2 XL with the fancy sticker on the box, so not the fat wick Fluxo. Can't beat the price compared to MV's. I might look into them if the wick is that much better though.

Those must be the ones I see all over youtube reviews where they have multiple strands of fat wick material. I always thought those were homemade mods.

MiT is the OEM of the CE2 and RS is the Wholesaler. Techically everything this else is a Knock-Off.

But what you have to remember is that there have been Many Revisions to the CE2. And not all Vendors are selling the Most Current Revision.

GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more has worked closely with MiT/RS over the last year and a half. They only sell the Most Current Version of the CE2. Where as some Vendors are stuck with Old Stock and will sell them Before they re-order and recieve the Lastest Revision CE2 from RS.

Sounds like you have Real MiT/RS CE2's. They don't sound like they are the most current Revision though. The Current Revision has a Big Fat Multi-Strand Wick which looks Twisted. Kinda like a small piece of Rope.

Great idea about the white vinegar soaks. I had not thought of that - but that would probabl work great at de-gunking a wick.

I soak mine in hot distilled water, let them soak, blow through the bottom with a syringe full of hot water (flushes out the cup and gives a "pressure wash" on the wick). Blot dry, then dry burn.

I'm still getting used to working with the GV Visions that have a bit of glue on the tube (making the tube leak proof, but making them a bit fiddly to clean). The vinegar soak would probably work great.

You can use lots of things to soak a CE2.

PGA, 98% Isopropyl Alcohol, Vodka, etc, to help remove "gunk" on a wick.

I like White Vinegar because I can buy a Gallon of it for next to Nothing and it has about a 1,000 uses around the house.

That and Vodka does keep Very Long at my house Especially when I have Dr. Pepper and Ice on Hand.

;)

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
I figured it out, the double wick variants I'm seeing appear to be the metal tube CE2's. Question is, can the metal tube be removed as easily as the plastic one? And if yes, can you replace the tubes with a clearo one? My tubes have held up awesome with no leakage at all, after repeated removals.

The fatter double wick is appealing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I figured it out, the double wick variants I'm seeing appear to be the metal tube CE2's. Question is, can the metal tube be removed as easily as the plastic one? And if yes, can you replace the tubes with a clearo one? My tubes have held up awesome with no leakage at all, after repeated removals.

The fatter double wick is appealing.

MiT makes and RS sells both Metal and Plastic tube CE2's.

So just because a CE2 has a Metal, or does Not have a Metal, Tube on it Doesn't matter.

What matters when it comes to CE2's is getting your hands on the Latest Revision. Either Polypropylene or Metal Tubes.

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
OK, I thought mine were different from the ones I had been seeing. I got them from two places, ecigexpress and myvaporstore. Both boxes of CE2 XL Clearos have one length of multistrand wick going through the coil and hanging tails, no double loop. The pic I saw was:

http://microcig.com/gallery.html

The CE2 Edition 4, which if there is an Edition 4 to the clearos, would make sense. I must have REV3 or something.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I like poster#6 way of cleaning the ce2s . I cut mine out of the tubes useing a 3.50 minature pipe cutter and then use them in an acorn tank nice clean taste they have.
Does anyone have the link to those thicker wick ones that come in the stainless tubes.
Thanks

SS CE2's are getting harder and Harder to find at Any Revision Level.

Now that the issue of the Plastic Tube Cracking has been resolved with Rev"4", there isn't that much demand for them. Also, the Rev"4" Plastic tube can be Easily Removed and Replaced without leaking.

You might start a New Thread in the gotvapes sub-forum and ask Badkolo ( owner of gotvapes.com) if he has some coming in or if he can get you some. Tell Badkolo that zoiDman sent you.

BTW - Do you have to have SS for some kind of mod or do you just like them better over the Plastic Tube ones?

OK, I thought mine were different from the ones I had been seeing. I got them from two places, ecigexpress and myvaporstore. Both boxes of CE2 XL Clearos have one length of multistrand wick going through the coil and hanging tails, no double loop. The pic I saw was:

http://microcig.com/gallery.html

The CE2 Edition 4, which if there is an Edition 4 to the clearos, would make sense. I must have REV3 or something.

Yeah, and to make things even worse there were some Minor Revisions between Rev"3" and Rev"4".

3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.35

Try soaking your CE2's in Vodka or Vinegar for a bit and then Rinse with Hot Water.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Zoi
I buy the 5 pack, what i do is cut them out and insert them in the acorn tank, for me being on pension there much cheaper than spending between 4-5.00 for an individual one to insert in the tank.

So i just cut them out with the mini pipe cutter. I use the stainless ones so there is no fuss with the black wrap.

Yeah they are getting a little hard to find , i do have the double wick ones i dont know what i thinking !
But more places to purchase them the better. :)
Here is picture of the acorn tank and cut out ce2 for those who have not seen it minus the mouthpiece not taking with picture .
dieseler-albums-album-2-picture68394-acorn-tank.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Zoi
I buy the 5 pack, what i do is cut them out and insert them in the acorn tank, for me being on pension there much cheaper than spending between 4-5.00 for an individual one to insert in the tank.

So i just cut them out with the mini pipe cutter. I use the stainless ones so there is no fuss with the black wrap.

Yeah they are getting a little hard to find , i do have the double wick ones i dont know what i thinking !
But more places to purchase them the better. :)
Here is picture of the acorn tank and cut out ce2 for those who have not seen it minus the mouthpiece not taking with picture .
dieseler-albums-album-2-picture68394-acorn-tank.jpg

Gotcha...

So it sounds like you don't pull the Metal Off. Rather you cut the Tube right above the Battery Connector.

I measured a Metal CE2 and it has a .360” OD. The Rev”4” Plastic CE2’s are about .395” OD.

You might find that you can do the same thing with the Rev”4” Plastic Tubes CE2’s as you do with the Metal ones. And the Plastic Tube ones are Very Easy to find.

But Like I said, if you want to go with the SS ones and can’t find them, Send Badkolo here on the ECF a PM or start a thread in the gotvapes sub-forum and maybe he can get you some.

BTW - Do you use XL's or the Regular Ones?

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
No matter what version of CE2 you get you want to be as gentle with the wick as possible, that's the weakest thing about them and usually the first thing to go, don't pull on it or even touch it any more than you have to.

To clean them you can either soak them or I just run them under hot water for a few minutes. Then lay the wick down flat on a towel, gently fold the towel over and and gently apply a little pressure, that'll wick most of the water out of the wick. Then you want to do a dry burn which will get the coil nice and clean again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread