Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
It seems like my all-time favorite clearo(ish) line is being discontinued:

5pc CE3 SMOKYMIZER in 5 colors(Only for veteran!Discontinued) [I-B0] - $4.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Luckily I just placed an order and stocked up for eternity! :vapor:

All the same, I wish they would keep these around- I know they can be a bit finagle-y, but once you know how to use them, these things are amazing. I've done things and been to very remote places with these that I wouldn't trust any other atty's or cartos to go. For example, they have always been there for me on any hike over 5 miles; Any time where there's vigorous exercise or movement involved; Any chance that I would get wet, muddy or the like; And pretty much any other situation that would KILL any other system that I use, like multi-piece tanks, atty-dripping, and even two-piece tankomizer systems...and on top of that they tend to last a long, long time. I'll be a very sad guy when I use up my final Smokymizer... :(

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
What are the tips and tricks to them? I just received a couple packs of the CE3 elites from altsmokes. Look like the smokymizers but don't have the tiny plug, you have to fill them upside down. 2 out of the 5 I am having trouble with them feeding and leaking at the battery end. I've taken care not to have bubbles in the syringe when filling, completely emptied and started over. I don't know what else I could do to make them work right. The ones that do work - WOW - love them. Nice clean taste, juice doesn't turn color, consistent puffs - just terrific.

So what's the trick to the fussy ones?

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
What are the tips and tricks to them? I just received a couple packs of the CE3 elites from altsmokes. Look like the smokymizers but don't have the tiny plug, you have to fill them upside down. 2 out of the 5 I am having trouble with them feeding and leaking at the battery end.

The lack of the plug could be the problem- I've never had any that are bottom-fill types. That plug creates a partial vacuum inside the reservoir that prevents juice from pouring out the bottom-which is part of the genius behind those smoky's that makes them work so well. The trick, though, is to be able to get the syringe tip in the little hole, fill them, and plug the hole as quickly as possible- and a lot of people have trouble getting the plug in there fast enough.

Because of the way the CE3's are designed, if the reservoir wasn't sealed, I imagine that they would leak like a sieve. Try this: After filling, clean the bottom off well and blow through the bottom into a paper towel. That may help to clear any excess liquid from the center of the clearo- it's what I do with my DCC's that I use on my tanks. And maybe try some of the smoky's, before they disappear altogether.. :)

Buggs, the Altsmoke CE3's are just rebranded BetterLifeTech CE3's. BetterLifeTech is the manufacturer.
There are several tips in the clearo section for them.
I don't have leaking issues, just the opposite, as I make slight adjustments to increase juice flow.
My juice is 70/30; 60/40 & 50/50 PG/VG respectively.
If they are leaking, look closely at the inner post and make sure it's seated. If you disassembled for cleaning, ensure that all of the wick is sticking outside the hole. The wicks pull out of the coil easily also.
Just some quick points to look at.

Talonius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
USA
The CE3 Smokymizer is all I use, I fill them on their side with the plug hole facing up and tilt it down just a little and I've hadn't had any problem at all with them leaking and you can even take your time putting the plug in, also I leave a air cap at the top. I also have stocked up with them from Healthcabin and I use a 18gage needle to fill them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread