CE4 not hitting right on Volcano Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
I know there has to be tons of threads like this, but I figured I'd ask just for good measure.

I've got a Volcano Inferno kit with a 650 and 1000 mAh battery with 510 threads. The tank system it came with works fine and even this Smoking Revolution clearomizer I found at a local head shop fits and works like it should even without taking off the stock O ring on the batteries. However, I just got in some CE4 clearomizers in and though they screw down fine, there's absolutely zero airflow.

I've tried the untwist a half turn and that doesn't work either - as soon as the clearo sits on the battery, even without screwing on at all, the airflow is completely gone.

One thing that works perfectly is the 510 adapter, but it adds a good half inch to the whole setup and looks funky. In comparison to the Smoking Revolution clearo, they look exactly the same, with the same airflow notches in the bottom.

Shouldn't these things work right out the box if I have the correct battery to fit them? :confused:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If you look at Most Ego style batteries they have 4 slots to allow air, some cheaper only have 2.

Though Volcano has the 4 slots, it has a very thick collar where Ego threading normally is and that O-ring. That area is effectively cutting off all air flow.

I do believe, if the CE4 is dropping over the O-ring, removing it MAY allow it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread