Central Washington checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visinedrops

Nov 14, 2010
Wenatchee, WA
A little background:
I've been hearing about electric cigarettes for a while, and did a google search, read through wiki, and found this forum. After reading up on them, and being quite skeptical, I decided to visit my local smoke shop to see if they carried them. Sure enough, sitting somewhat obscured between a cigar cutter and a stainless steel ashtray, there they were..."Health E-Cigarettes".

I asked the guy behind the counter what he knew about them, and he was almost blind-sided by the question. He really had no explanation, and said he's barely even heard of them. He did show me how it operates though. So, a $50 bill over the counter, and I went home to charge up my new electric friend.

The first puff or two was somewhat distasteful, with a slight sweet aftertaste, and barely any vapor expelled. I thought to myself, "This thing kinda sucks, and doesn't really taste all that great", but I wanted to give it a good test, considering I just spent enough to buy 8 packs of my Pall Mall's.

Day two came around, and I mixed vaping with smoking - because I still didn't like the taste of the vapor. Day 3, I finished off the last few remaining smokes in my pack, and decided to give my e-cig a full trial with mint, 18mg. Ahh, decent flavor, still not much vapor, and the battery lasted about 10 hours.

I have recently (today, actually) put in an order at v2cigs.com for their ultimate starter kit. I've also gotten my dad intregued (who has been smoking for 40 years), and he's going to give e-cigs a try. These things are actually pretty neat, and beside the need to light, flick, or crush, they are quite satisfying.

Thanks to whomever put up this forum, because it answered a lot of my questions before I even began.

IrishGirl

Oct 29, 2010
El Paso
I would call and check on your order from V2cigs. I ordered an ultimate kit at the end of October and I had to call and change the white batteries to black to even get a partial order shipped. They shipped the notebook cig in place of the power cig because it was also out of stock. As of today, all of the 25 cartomizers are still on b.o. and also the power cig they promise to send when it is back in stock. I talked with them yesterday and they still can't give me an estimate on when I will receive the rest of the order. Luckily, I ordered some WOW carts from V4L on a weekend and they were in my mailbox on Wednesday. Follow up on your order, consider cancelling it and ordering from Vapor 4 Life or another vendor. I am happy with the V2cig model, but although they have instant online customer service if they can't ship a product then what does it really matter.

Update: Just got an email from V2cigs saying they were shipping 15 of the 25 backordered carts.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
welcome.gif
from the coast Wenatchee. I got kin living there and I used to live in Okanogan when I was a kid. Your going to like this forum, it's a great bunch of people.

gfletch

Unregistered Supplier
Good thread. I was considering v2Cig as after much research it looks like its a quality product. I'm currently looking for the best quality, steady, reliable eCig that I can buy individual parts from .I don't want to worry about atomizers not working or running out of cartridges, batteries running out too soon etc. Im a heavy vaper and never again want to be helpless because something broke or wore out on my cig. Just so you know my initial ecig I bought from a guy at VaporPro, this is not to be mistaken for The Vapor Pro. I'll be making a wiser deciion in the future.

Visinedrops

Nov 14, 2010
Wenatchee, WA
I think I spent about 3 hours looking at vids on youtube. The whole concept seemed a little far-fetched, until I tried one. Although, the crappy ecig I got was almost enough for me to say no, until I went a whole day using it, and actually felt better in the morning. Taste, and a slight feeling of needing something to drink are the only negatives I've found while vaping.

Unfortunately I had to buy some analogs, due to both running out of cartridges and my only battery went dead. Those analogs taste HORRIBLE after vaping. But, hopefully my kit will ship soon, and I'll have 3 batteries to rotate between, and plenty of minty fresh cartomizers.

gfletch

Unregistered Supplier
I know what you mean Visinedrops. I'm currently without a device. Both of the atomizers I had quit working for me. I started out with a not so good e cig and have a few different models coming to me soon. Im sorry to hear you had to buy analogs. Im a Copenhagen dipper. I had to buy a can yesterday too when my last atomizer died. I don't know why I ever started chewing, I hate the stuff. I can't wait for my new toy to get here so I can throw this can away!

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Welcome aboard, Visinedrops from a fellow vaper in Colville, Wa. For what its worth, I smoked for forty years. I switched to vaping on April 1st of 2010 and have not had a smoke since and believe it or not, I have not missed them. You will piss some money away before you find the vaping tools that satisfy you, but its well worth it. I think it would help if you had a fellow vaper who had gone through the process--I did not and had to experiment. Thankfully, ECF was here and the support was tremendous. Be sure to come back here for any questions or advice, this is a patient group always willing to help. We have been where you are now. Good luck:)

Visinedrops

Nov 14, 2010
Wenatchee, WA
Wow, Colville...closest to me yet. :) With the lame, $50 3-piece junk kit I bought, it was surprisingly effective at curbing most of the craving, but due to the bad design and low vapor production, not to mention low liquid volume, I didn't get a consistent vape most of the time. The first couple drags give me the decent throat hit, but unless I put it away for a while, it won't continue. The cartridges only last about what I would consider 5 or 6 analogs, and only having one battery, I still have to carry around a pack of smokes.

I have gotten in touch with V2, and they informed me they were back-ordered on menthol, so I had them switch it to peppermint, and they said my order should ship out within 24 to 48 hours, so I should be getting it tomorrow, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread