Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
IMG_1612.JPG
Just got these in the mail today. My first ceramic coil tank.

4ml capacity
22mm in diameter

Build quality - 9.9/10: Smooth threads, just the right amount of resistance all around including the installation of the prebuilt coils (o-rings top and bottom on the coils itself) and also the JFC/Airflow control via the tank itself (was worried that this part would wear out in time, but actually, the resistance comes from the coils.

If I had to sum up the flavor coming out of this tank in 2 words it would be Crisp and Clean. Seriously, its nothing I've encountered and I've tried alot of RTAs with various builds. This thing is up there in the top 3. Theres no gurgling like you would get in most cotton wick coils, no spitback, you barely hear anything other than the airflow when you take a drag from this thing.

I can see this being my daily driver for a while as I truly enjoy the vape coming out of this thing and overall it just looks so bada**.

The only con I have for this tank is that it heats up very very quickly. But thankfully the driptip it came with has a plastic/delrin center so the heat doesn't transfer.

I have the 0.4/0.5 (mod reads 0.51) coil installed, vaping it at 50W.

IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1610.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG

Last edited:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Nice write-up.

Been thinking about picking one up myself.

Apparently, these coils last a long time and you can dry burn them with good results
according to Vaping "I was a Roadie for Big Country" Vic.

That was what I saw as well. Haven't tried it yet. I think its priced around 25bucks for the tank itself and 14 for a pack of 4 coils where I got it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So a 50/50 split on leaking. It does look really nice, the concept is appealing, and from looking/watching the tank seems well engineered. Maybe the leaking is unfamiliarity with a new tank with kinda new tech. I will watch this thread a little longer before deciding whether to pull the trigger on it. But I do like what I've seen.

Reactions: Marst

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I have been using one for a week with no leaking whatsoever. I can't even understand how it could leak unless it was assembled incorrectly or had a missing oring.

I love the way this tank performs. It doean't even require priming. Just fill and vape. I have read that the coils can be dry burned. I removed the part about rebuilding these coils. I had it mixed up with something else. Sorry for any confusion.

After a week I have found no negatives with this tank.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm a MTL user. I've also never tried ceramic coils before. I have 2 questions. Can you really close down the airflow on this? And if using the 0.9 coil (at least it's close to 1 ohm not REALLY subohm- amazing how the mind can justify anything) how is it with high PG juices? Most of what I use is 70/30, and honestly, I'd rather not produce big VG clouds to remain relatively covert.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Yes, this thing is a leaky mess. I can't vape for more than about 5 puffs without hot juice spilling out of the airflow holes all over my device.

I purchased this tank last night from a B & M, and so far really love it! No leaks whatsoever, but I've only used it since around 9pm last night.

I'm wondering if the people who said theirs leaked might have had it in the open (extended) position when they filled it?

I'm really hoping this thing doesn't leak, as it seems like the first tank I would risk putting in my pants pocket, or laying down on it's side, while filled, while driving in my car!

Great flavor, no priming necessary, love how you can close it off when not in use!

Guess I'll see if mine remains "leak free"....

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I've since picked up a 2nd one and zero leaks from either one. They are vaping great. I haven't used anything less than a 50/50 juice so far.

I was thinking the same thing as far as maybe some tried to fill the tank in the open position. That's the only way I can even think this tank might leak.

I have also dry burned and rinsed a coil in water, then changed flavors. It worked perfectly and there was no residual taste left from the previous juice. So far this is by far the best tank I have ever used.

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
I purchased this tank last night from a B & M, and so far really love it! No leaks whatsoever, but I've only used it since around 9pm last night.

I'm wondering if the people who said theirs leaked might have had it in the open (extended) position when they filled it?

I'm really hoping this thing doesn't leak, as it seems like the first tank I would risk putting in my pants pocket, or laying down on it's side, while filled, while driving in my car!

Great flavor, no priming necessary, love how you can close it off when not in use!

Guess I'll see if mine remains "leak free"....

Well, I know I at least always filled mine in the closed position. I never had it leak while not vaping, always while actively vaping. I use a pretty thin juice mix (80/20 PG/VG) which seems to be the consensus culprit around this forum.

Reactions: David Wolf

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Well, I know I at least always filled mine in the closed position. I never had it leak while not vaping, always while actively vaping. I use a pretty thin juice mix (80/20 PG/VG) which seems to be the consensus culprit around this forum.

Could be the thin juice. So far I've only vaped the tank (0.4-0.5ohm coils) with Cosmic Fogs Milk & Honey which I believe is at least 40/60 pg to vg. I vape thicker juices.

Reactions: Marst

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
A couple quick things since removing the spit back piece.

Much more air flow, me like!

Doesn't get as hot as fast, and seems to cool a little quicker.

With the .5 coil my sweet spot was 46_48 watts, started getting too warm for my liking, now since the mod, 52 is where I'm at, and might go higher still, not near as warm at a slightly higher power level, flavor is great and clouds darker, and less dry.

So far so good

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I think there might be some manufacturing inconsistencies. On mine it requires a lot of force to put the coils into the tank. Even after putting some juice on the o-rings. Once in, it's very hard to open and close the tank. I have also experienced random leaking and I use 30/70 juice. Too bad because the coils are great. Perhaps mine is just a dud. I hope they or someone comes out with a better tank for these coils. I find the tank very tall for the capacity and the tiny window makes it hard to see how much juice is left in the tank. Back to the Vaporesso cCells and Super Tank Mini for me.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Vape Girl Review just done a review on the tank that kind of explains the leakage some are experiencing from the air flow slots. It really isn't leaking, it is condensation build up. If you hold the tank upside down and blow hard you clear the condensation. If you do not do this on a regular basis (once a day or so) the condensation builds up and appears to be leaking.

I also heard at the Miami convention Ceravape has a new tank on the way that eliminates the condensation build up. The new tank still utilizes the push/pull on/off system but has better O-rings and wider air flow channels to help eliminate the condensation issues some have experienced with the cerabis. No word on release for the new tank but I think they are trying to get it pushed out before the Aug 8th deadline.

For those who are certain their tank is leaking and not condensation build up, I was also informed at the Miami convention that excessive use of the push/pull system may create a pumping action that forces liquid in to the coil and if not vaporized soon there after can result in seepage out of the air flow slots.

I have had a cerabis tank since release (March) and am still on the same .4 coil. Pretty remarkable. Just dry burn and rinse when I change flavors. I personally have not noticed any leakage on my tank, just slight condensation by the airflow slots like every other tank. I do not however use the on/off system very often.

Personally I think it is a great little tank and will be buying a couple more of them with the FDA regs looming. I think the coils could provide a long term solution for those who do not rebuild. For example, after the FDA regulations take affect, will SMOK/Crown coils be readily available? I don't think so. I do think I can buy 4 or 5 packs of the cerabis coils and be essentially stocked up for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread