The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ceramic Versus Mesh

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by KonaNeil, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    When I restarted vaping after several years away I read somewhere that coils using ceramic had more vivid flavor then more traditional designs like the Atlantis and Nautilus coils I was familiar with.

I tried the by now older Vaporesso Ccell coils, liked what I tried and kept with them. I've now heard from a few salesman in stores that mesh coils are even better for flavor than ceramics. Is this true? Is there one model considered the best for flavor?

2. CagedSpam

CagedSpam Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    Ive heard the Freemax mesh are really good. I have tried the .15 ohm jackaroo coils - very flavorful and long lasting with low flavor % DIY.

3. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I swear by mesh coils. Never vaped a ceramic coil for comparison but for drop in coils I use mesh exclusively now. More metal touching the wicking with a mesh coil than a standard wire coil does. This is where the flavor advantage is. If you ever try one you'll see what I mean.

4. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Mesh is always the coil, ceramic usually refers to the wicking.

I use Vaporesso GT Core CCell coils which use ceramic wicking, with a little cotton to install everything in the coil head and prevent leaking. But recently the coils seem garbage, as they're not wicking as well as they used to and they develop a funky taste because of this.

Now I'm lucky to even get a week of lack lustre performance, which is a shame as when they work well they do give decent flavour.

I am interested in the Freemax mesh tanks though (Fireluke 3, Mesh Pro 2 and Fireluke 22), the Fireluke 22 looks very interesting indeed though as it's their first option that will do a restricted DTL to MTL and may possibly be able to be used in TC mode due to using SS904L mesh.

5. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I'm using a fireluke 2. And I use a vaporesso NRG. Love em both but I do DL.

• Like Like x 1
  6. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the Fireluke 2 with the TNX2 0.5ohm coils and love it. As far as mesh over ceramic I’d pick mesh every time. It’s all I use and it performs better than everything else I’ve tried. Instant ramp up and lots of surface area make mesh the superior coil material.

7. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.