Status
Not open for further replies.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I am ready for some new drip tips as I have been using the same White Delrin tips from Modnworld for 2.5 years. I am thinking about the wide bore tips from Drip tip Designs, but wonder in any of you Chalice 3 owners can snap a pic of one on the atty.....or a pic of your NONmetal tips on the Chalice.

Oh and pretty please :D

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Thanks for prompting me to do this - I forgot I liked it with this chimney!
My one complaint is that I WISH my C3 was from the second batch with the larger airhole, but I got mine in the mad rush of the first release. It's a TOUCH of a tight draw for me...
But this chimney opens it up a little bit - enough to use it without bitterness, lol.
The stubby one I just got, I like 'em short. But trying both, I actually prefer the chimney thing.
And it's like a $4 fasttech tip...

stubby.JPG
chimney.JPG

Don't have any DriptipDesigz wide bores - but I was just looking at them a day or two ago - they look sharp, and I might end up getting one. If I see a short, widebore, in wood, I might have to...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have a bunch of Brian's DT's, some he custom made for me, but all bought between 1-2 years ago when he didn't offer wide bores. Have not used any of them though since my 'Vari days abruptly ended over a year ago. You can't ask for a better person to deal with, and fast customer service is the norm from Brian. Even the custom tips shipped the same day or next when I ordered them.

Have lots of big bore tips, but so far have just run the tips that came on the Chalice II and III's. I get all my big bore tips from Synervape now days (he offers black or white Delrin, SS, naval brass or copper in many designs, and will custom build to your specs for the same $10 each shipped price). I have some friction fit black Delrin from Michael just like the tapered stubby Train pictured above (and straight grooved shorty's as well), so may try one on one of my III's just for S&G. He offers the BillowPro Delrins with a tapered, straight or straight grooved profile, in stubby, short and long. His CloudMaster metal tips in similar designs/lengths have either a standard big bore or 1.5X big bore. He is another great person to deal with, and his customer service is like Brian's.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That top one IS from Synervape - got it on your recommendation.
:)

I have a bunch of Brian's DT's, some he custom made for me, but all bought between 1-2 years ago when he didn't offer wide bores. Have not used any of them though since my 'Vari days abruptly ended over a year ago. You can't ask for a better person to deal with, and fast customer service is the norm from Brian. Even the custom tips shipped the same day or next when I ordered them.

Have lots of big bore tips, but so far have just run the tips that came on the Chalice II and III's. I get all my big bore tips from Synervape now days (he offers black or white Delrin, SS, naval brass or copper in many designs, and will custom build to your specs for the same $10 each shipped price). I have some friction fit black Delrin from Michael just like the tapered stubby Train pictured above (and straight grooved shorty's as well), so may try one on one of my III's just for S&G. He offers the BillowPro Delrins with a tapered, straight or straight grooved profile, in stubby, short and long. His CloudMaster metal tips in similar designs/lengths have either a standard big bore or 1.5X big bore. He is another great person to deal with, and his customer service is like Brian's.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That top one IS from Synervape - got it on your recommendation.
:)

Glad it is working for you...

Since I posted above I've put one like it on my Mini 2.1 HT/CIII and a naval brass version of it on the Mini 2.1 Gold/CIII. They look and work great on the CIII's, not as high as the original C tips. I'm going to call him and get a SS of the same for the Mini 2.1 TRA CIII, and have him custom make a black delrin similar for my almost all black Mini 2.1 CV/CII that needs a smaller diameter.

Reactions: Train2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread