Chalice III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Please excuse my dirty REO, it was out at the race track last night and will get an ultrasonic bath as soon as the bottle is empty.

This is my 3rd build on the Challice III v2 twisted dual 29, 1.5mm on the Coil Master with 2mm RxW. I liked the bigger coils with the 3mm RxW, there's just no room to get it to touch the floor so I ended up having to over squonk to get it wet. Tried a new coil first thing this morning with the 2mm wick to see if I could come up with something with a little more wick to keep the over squonking to a min. After a little playing around with the longer wick I came up with this. So far so good, I've taken the top off a few times to check and it seems to working, there hasn't been even a drop of juice in the air hole.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 168

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Please excuse my dirty REO, it was out at the race track last night and will get an ultrasonic bath as soon as the bottle is empty.

Did you throw yourself in the dirt after your horse didn't come in? I've always wanted to see that.

Reactions: redeyedancer

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cars not horses. My wife is the event planner for a small town up the road so she was out promoting the dragboat races which are next month. I'm not picky, I like anything with a motor and we've got everything from tractor pulls with kids on lawn mowers to F1 in the area. There are a few horse tracks too, but that's not the crowd she's looking for.

Now that I've cleaned up that REO a bit, I believe that it was once a different color and those specs are what's left.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have a Chalice III project in mind (just what I need, dreamed up another project). Think I'll try opening one up for more air for my long lung hits. No can do though until I go find the right tools buried somewhere in my tool storage garage. Need to make a tool first before I try it. So probably not until fall after it cools down (although we are having a very mild summer so far this year, only been up near 120F once). Will leave out the details until I see if it works first, or destroys the atty.
:shock:

Reactions: Train2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'd love to get mine opened up...no good with tools though.
Heck, I'd be interested in trading my "first run" CIII for the second run, that had a shorter tip and larger holes - because it's CLOSE, but just NOT QUITE enough air for me to really enjoy the vape. I can't seem to part with it, but it's sitting...

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'd love to get mine opened up...no good with tools though.
Heck, I'd be interested in trading my "first run" CIII for the second run, that had a shorter tip and larger holes - because it's CLOSE, but just NOT QUITE enough air for me to really enjoy the vape. I can't seem to part with it, but it's sitting...

That's confusing to me Train. I bought new what is suppose to be a CIII V1, it has the shorter tip and smaller holes than all my new CIII's.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Sorry, my phrasing was weird - but the first ones had a long tip and smaller holes.
Googlepix, but you can definitely see the tip difference...
First run:
img_9253.jpg

Second run:
11312175_911561962223575_680592306_n.jpg

Of course, the tip isn't an issue, as I have a dozen tips that would look/work well on it. But I'd be interested in whether the increase bore of the hole - if it goes "all the way through" then it might put the Ciii back in my playlist... As is, it's kind like once in a long while for a change of pace vape. Most of the time, I'm using
a) Nuppin, wide open
b) Cyclone/AFC wide open
c) Rogue (yeah, it's 22, but it's leakproof, looks good on a woodvil, and I like the vape a lot)

Reactions: ed101z

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Deleted at OP's request

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
Just Got a Chalice III and was very disappointed with it the first day.
It just didn't have much flavor or vape and the gurgling and air flow was so annoying I was ready to go back the RM2.
Today after trying different coil placement and height my 3rd set up hit the mark, it's a kickin chicken!
I just had the coil to close to the air hole, the Chalice needs a little breathing room to get good air flow and stop the gurgling.
Good vapor, great flavor and no gurgling now.

1ohm 29 gage kanthal, 2 mm Ready Wick .

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Like with anything new, there is a learning curve with Chalice atty's to find what works best for you. You're getting there already... more will come.

No two of mine have the same build in them (wire/form/ohm), and they all are perfect for the particular joose I run in each of them.

7cs.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Your on the list of people raving over the Chalice III that pushed me to get one, been wanting a CI or C2 for a year or two.
I'm really enjoying it ,
Nice collection of Grands and C3's :thumb:

And the Chalice will get better as you learn its language.

However, I've lead some folks astray on them too apparently, those who said that they didn't like them immediately (so didn't do the curve to liking them IMO). I started with a CII, only partially liked it, then started getting CIII's when they came available again. Now I really like the CII, prefer it for my DIY pallet cleanser joose. Still plan to give the CII a second intake for my DLH's, a high parallel coil and am waiting for a custom DT for it that'll be like the CIII's wear. And I like the CIII's, eventually will do some mods on them to make them even better. BTW, all my Chalice atty's in the pic are actually on Mini 1.0's, Mini 2.1's and a Baby Woodvil. Four of my LP Grands and all four Mech Woodvil's have Nuppin's on them (another atty I've lead folks astray on I guess). The Chalice, Nuppin' and 2013 Cyclone atty's all work very well for me (adding standard disclaimers here). ;)

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I must say that the custom tumb nuts and the tiny deck scared the crap out of me when i first took it apart. Soon after i got it going and im so pleased with the quality and performance, its just an amazing lil atty.
I wanted to know if the bottom is press fitted or if the deck and the 510 can be separated by unscrewing the neg and pos pole? curious as hell but not brave enough to attempt taking it apart...:confused:

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread