Not open for further replies.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
No fear again or this?
Depends... they are both very well made 14mm flavor attys with AFC.
NFA will give you more airflow, more hits between squonks, and I think you can adjust the post position. But, it has a super long 510, so it won't sit flush on anything without a catch cup, and it's more prone to leaking.
The Chalice doesn't leak (but may gurgle if you over squonk), and I find it a little easier to build on, and so far I've gotten better flavor out of the Chalice.
I have both, and if I had to only keep one, I'd keep the Chalice. But, I've also had way more time with it, and haven't quite found the right build with the NFA.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
NFA will give you more airflow, more hits between squonks, and I think you can adjust the post position. But, it has a super long 510, so it won't sit flush on anything without a catch cup, and it's more prone to leaking.
The Chalice doesn't leak (but may gurgle if you over squonk), and I find it a little easier to build on, and so far I've gotten better flavor out of the Chalice.
I have both, and if I had to only keep one, I'd keep the Chalice. But, I've also had way more time with it, and haven't quite found the right build with the NFA.

^^^ absolutely nailed it, HeEt.

I have both, and prefer the NFA for the more open air. Both are very good 14mm atties.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

^^^ absolutely nailed it, HeEt.

I have both, and prefer the NFA for the more open air. Both are very good 14mm atties.

No experience with the No Fear... I tried to buy one once but it didn't happen with that seller.

Have lots of experience with the Chalice II and III atty's now that I've had them a while though. As a direct lung hitter bigger air is important. It was completely lacking in the CII until I opened up the single intake ever so slightly and learned to slipstream the DT. But that degrades flavor. So eventually I will mod it to big air so I don't have to ss it. Air is much better in the last version CIII's (a little less in the VI CIII). I don't have to slipstream them but do have to take slow long pulls. More ideal for my LDLH's is the one I just modded to big air with a first design (yet can still adjust down to almost no air). The flip side is it is more demanding. When it comes to joose it uses lots of it when ran wide open, and because of how I modded this one it also changes the build considerably. It's kind of like fanning a fire when wide open, somewhat turns the build in it into a fire breathing dragon. So it's more intense, it runs hotter, condenses more joose that is trapped on the chamber walls and a fully saturated wick is just about bone dry with one long hit. A 2.5mm/3mm coil will be my next build in this one. I'm confident it will be fine for DLH's when I figure out the right build for it with this joose. I will be modding another one with another design I thought of, but I want to run this one with different builds for awhile first to learn more before doing it. Then I will compare them to see which mod I prefer, or maybe even try a third design in mind in another one. In time all of mine may be modded for bigger air since I have no plans to ever sell any of them. No specific details for now.

airedale2

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Delavan, Il
I have 3 of the NoFears and 2 of the Challices, both are great atty's, and I use both everyday, to me the Challice vapes sort of like a Kayfun a little tight, where the NoFear is a little bit more open, great flavor out of both, been using .8 ohm 28 gauge wire coils in both with very good results. I do get more vapor out of the NoFear though, hope this helps,

Reactions: willzleg

willzleg

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Tennessee, Southern US
Thanks everyone for the great Responses! It would seem like the No fear might be the one, that being said I will one day hopefully get a chalice 3 also. Now I have to decide between the 14mm No fear or the 16mm Origen BF thats about to be released. The Origen being 16mm will prevent me from using it on my reo but I all ready have a cyclone for it so idk hard to decide.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Link please????

16mm Origen BF

Oh wait, think I found it...
12049259_845489738891481_6189044249581920688_n-1000x1000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: airedale2

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

Will it work on Reo Mini 14500, with the LONG 510 pin?

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
Does anyone know what V1 screws should look like and where I can find some? I bought a V1 chalice and it arrived filthy with an old coil and the wrong screws. The screws were shoved down into the coil I guess. I cleaned it all up and the screws fall right out. :(
The posts on Chalice 1 & 2 do not have threads like C3. On the C1 & C2 you put the wire through the post first then screw in and the wire sort of acts as threading to capture the screws threading and you will be able to tighten them down. I had a C2 and the screws are pointy at the tip.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Does anyone know what V1 screws should look like and where I can find some? I bought a V1 chalice and it arrived filthy with an old coil and the wrong screws. The screws were shoved down into the coil I guess. I cleaned it all up and the screws fall right out. :(

I had no idea what screws the V1 uses, but here's not so good pictures of the screws x101 is referring to that are used in the Chalice untreaded posts. Back when I got my CII in March I contacted Mark to get extras... he was out of stock on them but said once the CIII run was handled that he would be making up more screws for all of his atty versions. I don't know if he ever did or where to buy them if he did except direct from him. Can tell you that at the time they were something like $9-10 each plus shipping from Europe.

c2screws.jpg

chii.jpg

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I had no idea what screws the V1 uses, but here's not so good pictures of the screws x101 is referring to that are used in the Chalice untreaded posts. Back when I got my CII in March I contacted Mark to get extras... he was out of stock on them but said once the CIII run was handled that he would be making up more screws for all of his atty versions. I don't know if he ever did or where to buy them if he did except direct from him. Can tell you that at the time they were something like $9-10 EACH plus shipping from Europe.

c2screws.jpg

chii.jpg

Had to highlight your word on that post bcuz, YES... What Spydro said is correct....EACH!!!! I bought two extra screws thinking I was getting two sets, ummmmm wrong :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread