Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I've been trying to get a build on one of these, and I'm kinda stumped. My coil is a 5 wrap, 30 gage Kanthal. 2.5mm dia., at about 1.35Ω. This is on a Reos Grand. All I'm getting is weak vapor, and harsh. I've set up and used RM2's, Chalice III's and 0-16's with no problems. Does my coil need to go back closer to the post's?
I've tried the coil right on the deck, raised up, with no change. I'm wondering just how you are setting your coil.

P1020849.JPG
Noname.jpg

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Maybe get the real Chalice v4? Never know with clones

Good idea for sure, and if I feel I like this, I will be getting an auth. I understand that these are a little more un restricted on the air flow, so before I drop $155+ on an auth, I want to be pretty sure I like it.

Reactions: JC Okie

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I think I got it. I have the coil close to the posts, resting just above the deck, and shortened wick(rayon) tails. The harshness is gone, and the flavor is excellent. It's a Kanthal coil, 30g, 5 wrap, @ about 1.3Ω's, on a Reos P67, with BWB RY4. Life is good again. :)

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
The wick shortening is key, Buggs makes perfect squonking RDAs, no need for long tails, long tails restrict the air flow and cause gurgling.

As far as Chalice clones, sorry, the craftsmanship and engineering is no way close to Mark's product, I've tried a couple, not even close to the real thing

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I think I got it. I have the coil close to the posts, resting just above the deck, and shortened wick(rayon) tails. The harshness is gone, and the flavor is excellent. It's a Kanthal coil, 30g, 5 wrap, @ about 1.3Ω's, on a Reos P67, with BWB RY4. Life is good again. :)

I thought you were using too much cotton. Glad you got it working to your satisfaction. :)

Reactions: oplholik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread