Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
This post is aimed primarily at members from the USA; however, you can follow these steps anywhere you live.

I visit ECF nearly everyday as of late, and everyday something changes, and I'm not talking about the posts. The number of CASAA Calls To Action seems to increase daily. As many of you may already realize, there is a concerted effort by powerful people, companies, and organisations out there to limit our rights to purchase, possess, and use electronic cigarettes.

So I'm challenging everyone who reads this to take 5 easy steps to help protect our right to vape.

STEP 1: Register To Vote

If you can't or dont vote, you have no power. Politicians don't fear people, they fear voters. Being registered to vote is easy, free, and absolutely necessary. Rock The Vote has an easy voter registration site here:

Register to Vote

If you don't want to use Rock The Vote, just Google "register to vote". Register now so you're ready to vote in upcoming elections.

STEP 2: Signup For CASAA

It's easy and free to join CASAA and receive important Calls To Action about proposed federal, state, and local regulations. Please make sure you read the instructions on the first page at:

Become a CASAA Member

STEP 3: Take Action

If you hear about proposed anti-vaping regulations, do something. Firing off some emails to your elected representatives or making a phone call only takes a few minutes of your time, but can make a world of difference.

STEP 4: Be An Advocate

Do what you can to spread the word about vaping rights and anti-vaping regulations. This is as simple as sharing a post on Facebook, or explaining to a friend the truth about vaping. Simple easy steps by a lot of people can make a difference.

STEP 5: Support The Cause

We need people in Washington and in our state capitals to work to protect our rights and fight against unreasonable regulations. We all have jobs, families, school, etc.... But by donating money to groups like CASAA we can have people out there working for us all the time. You can donate to CASAA here:

Donate to CASAA

I know some people will say their vote doesn't matter, or their voice doesn't matter. One vote or one voice may not make a difference, but there is power in numbers. So doing something is way better than doing nothing.

Please post what steps you've done or other things you've done to support vaping rights.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I'm a registered voter, I vote, and I take vaping rights into consideration when choosing a canidate to support.

I'm a member of CASAA, I have and will take action by contacting my elected representatives when needed.

I try to share information and Calls To Action with others.

I just donated $25 to CASAA.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
This thread was posted nearly 24 hours ago, and had around 250 views the last time I looked. Sadly, it hasn't had a single response. I genuinely hope that's because most people have already done the things I suggested, and aren't just setting on the sidelines.

I was going to let this thread die after seeing the lack of responses earlier today, but then I got a message. This message wasn't vaping related, but was about an issue that needed emails sent to my elected representatives. I took the 5 minutes to write and send those emails, because I won't set on the sidelines and let my voice go unheard. I hope others will join me in letting our leaders know we VAPE and we VOTE.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Sadly just voting isn't as effective as we would like it to be. Many times we here one thing and see another once they are where they wanted to be and don't really have to do anything to please the people that put them there in the first place.

But

One of the MOST EFFECTIVE ways to have your voice heard and your wishes adhered to is sadly one of the most overlooked.

If everyone would call or write their representatives, their governor, whoever, they start to pay attention when the majority of their voting block is constantly in their face.

Why do you think professional lobbying is so effective? Because they try to have the loudest voice on an issue. So many times it is the majority who speaks the loudest that changes the rules.

Just sitting back, sending a few bucks and letting others do the work never gets it done. Is it time consuming? Sure is it effective ? You betcha! Fighting for what you want is never easy but it is important.

This simple rule is why the common man gets walked on by the 1% - they spend that time making their wishes known while Joe the plumber sits in front of the tube yelling at fox news saying i wish I didn't vote for that guy now.........

Last edited:

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
Chiming in with my support! I have done, and do, most of the things you brought up.
I'd like to add:
if we don't act, our rights and options will be taken away!
That means that those of you who post questions about "which atty should I get? Atty A or atty B", will instead be asking "where can I get an atty? All my local b&m stores have been closed by state legislation".

Or instead of "man, I really like juice so and so", you'll be asking "where can I get some juice? These new federal regulations on nicotine products has really put the screws to all the good juice makers".

I know it sounds alarmist, but that's what they want! The signs are there, the dangerous "news" reports are condemning ecigs on a weekly basis. Legislators are legislating, and not in our favor!

If you want the freedom to vape, you better fight for it!

Rant done, knuckles out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread