• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Change in coil Ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
$26.58 Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Style Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5ml) - 1:1 clone / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I believe this is the clone from (SXK) Infinite. I'd recommend this one over the 3.1 for a number of reasons.

$31.69 Authentic Eleaf Lemo RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0ml) - stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Even better an authentic Eleaf Lemo. coils and wicks like a Kayfun. Glass tank for your juice crackers.

$2.48 Authentic Kanthal A1 Nichrome Resistance Wire for RBA RDA RTA Rebuildable Atomizers - 27 AWG / 0.38mm*5m / 12.8ohm/m at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

or

$3.94 Authentic Kanthal A1 Nichrome Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 1.5ohm / 0.3mm dia. / 20*30mm leads at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's nichrome not Kanthal A1 but it will work. Myself personally I don't see any difference between the two as far as taste.

$2.10 Cotton Wick for Rebuildable Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Not organic but will do you till you can find.

$12.72 BEST DT-9205M Digital Multimeter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Only suggestion. But for your builds it would work. Good for checking your batteries too.

$24.63 Nemesis Style Mechanical Mod - stainless steel / with telescopic 510 contact pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Excellent mech mod. Will take a kick if you want. I have two of them and they are my go to when I'm out and about.

Best of all, all can be bought on fasttech.

Well, it was a no go for the electronic multi meter as both DHL and EMS were NOT listed as possible shippers due to the fact it contains a simple battery inside it.

I could have possibly submitted a ticket and asked them to take it out, but the time they get back to me, it's not worth the possible "NO" answer. I'll buy one locally.

However, all the rest of the items will be delivered by EMS sometime this week hopefully.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Review, Infinite Clone | Best Vape Deal

I assume you bought the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. I bought mine from Focalecig quite few months back. And althought they don't say it on Fasttech. Most people believe it to be the Infinite clone too.

I'm sure you will have many happy hours of enjoyment with your new gear. Smoking was never this much fun :)

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Review, Infinite Clone | Best Vape Deal

I assume you bought the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. I bought mine from Focalecig quite few months back. And althought they don't say it on Fasttech. Most people believe it to be the Infinite clone too.

I'm sure you will have many happy hours of enjoyment with your new gear. Smoking was never this much fun :)

Yeah, I bought the Kayfun Lite Plus. It says "style", so no doubt it's a clone.

Many of the other Kayfuns included extra seals. I hope it's not gonna have a leakage problem. However, from reading through the reviews of that product, it was pretty well impossible to find anybody who disliked it or had problems with it. Not the case with many of the cheaper brands. Many people had complaints.

$26.58 Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Style Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5ml) - 1:1 clone / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
G-MARKET just might have a reasonably priced Digital Multimeter. Though having little support from my wife regarding my hobby, I highly doubt she'll help me find one. Let alone how to translate it from English to Korean.

If anybody on the forum is bored enough, or interested in doing a G-MARKET search for one, please send me a link and I'll order it.

I know I've been asking a lot lately, but soon will come a time when I might be of some use ;)

Thanks pals..

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
G-MARKET just might have a reasonably priced Digital Multimeter. Though having little support from my wife regarding my hobby, I highly doubt she'll help me find one. Let alone how to translate it from English to Korean.

If anybody on the forum is bored enough, or interested in doing a G-MARKET search for one, please send me a link and I'll order it.

I know I've been asking a lot lately, but soon will come a time when I might be of some use ;)

Thanks pals..

I found three. Which one would you choose and is suited for what we need it for:

1) http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goo...rd_seqno=6222022337&search_keyword=Multimeter

2) http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goo...rd_seqno=6222022337&search_keyword=Multimeter

3) http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goo...rd_seqno=6222022337&search_keyword=Multimeter

I'm thinking #1 appears to be the best. Even has a picture of someone testing what looks like an e-cigarette premade coil and wick ;) What more could I ask for?

Lol

Thanks as always...

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
For what you will be doing any cheap DMM will do. Unless you start getting into serious sub-ohm builds I woudn't worry to much. If you can get one with alligatior clips that would be best..but not necessary. You just want something that you can check if your coils are shorting. I also use mine to check my batteries since I mostly use mechanical mods. If you have a couple of regulated mods then you probably could get away without buying one at all. I know the Vamo and the VTR will give you resistance output. Its just they sometimes arent very accurate. Like I said if your not into sub-ohm builds, which is not recommended for Kayfuns I would'nt bother spending too much money.

Edit: I'm sure the Kayfun will come with a few extra o-rings. Mine did! If not they are cheap enough to buy from fasttech. The fill screw is the only one that I seem to eat through the o-ring. The main o-rings I havent had to change yet. There is a small screwdriver that comes with it and you can use those o-rings for the fill screw.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
For what you will be doing any cheap DMM will do. Unless you start getting into serious sub-ohm builds I woudn't worry to much. If you can get one with alligatior clips that would be best..but not necessary. You just want something that you can check if your coils are shorting. I also use mine to check my batteries since I mostly use mechanical mods. If you have a couple of regulated mods then you probably could get away without buying one at all. I know the Vamo and the VTR will give you resistance output. Its just they sometimes arent very accurate. Like I said if your not into sub-ohm builds, which is not recommended for Kayfuns I would'nt bother spending too much money.

Edit: I'm sure the Kayfun will come with a few extra o-rings. Mine did! If not they are cheap enough to buy from fasttech. The fill screw is the only one that I seem to eat through the o-ring. The main o-rings I havent had to change yet. There is a small screwdriver that comes with it and you can use those o-rings for the fill screw.

Thanks again Waddle. I think I'm gonna order this one tonight. http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?good...ord=Multimeter

Seems very reasonably priced. Not sure how or what I'm gonna use it for add I'm not constructing my own coils. Just gonna buy the pre-made ones. And my VTR and E-Holly already measure out the Volts, Watts, and Ohms.

Perhaps it could be of some use when testing the premade coils for the Kayfun and the ones I rebuild with Pre-wired for my Protanks and Cleomizer coils.

Just not sure what to connect to what. I'm sure I'll find a YouTube video explaining how.

Again Waddle, you're the man. Thanks..

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
This is an awesome price for a Digital Multimeter. Ordered it yesterday, arrived today. No other vendors on G-market have shipped out anything to me on a Sunday.

The price is even cheaper than FT (I think) and it feels and works great. Been testing coils and batteries for the last hour. Just as accurate as my digital Mod.

http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=384727758

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Make sure you touch the leads together. Then subtract that amount when you test your coils (Ohms).

Yeah, thanks for that Waddle. Learned how important that was from all the YouTube videos I watched last night. There is slight amount I subtract.

Also, I watched videos on how to make your own coils from wire and cotton, as you suggested. Surprisingly, it didn't look as difficult as I had imagined. So, I made another order to FT for the things you listed above. Plus a small tool, with different width, to wrap the wire tightly around before installing. A drill bit I suppose could do the same, but this thing only costed a few dollars and had great reviews.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Ah...you bought a coil jig. Yeah like I was saying, its not that difficult to build micro-coils. Its a bit of a learning curve in the beginning. But once you get it right it so much better with cotton. Just be careful your coil or your leads don't touch the deck. (Thats where your DMM comes into play) Also try to keep the coil a millimeter above the air hole so as to not leak. One last thing, and this took me a long time to get right, less is more with cotton. At first you will want to stuff too much cotton in the coil. If you start getting dry hits this is why. Just enough cotton so you can pull it back and forth without it bunching up or pulling the coil. too little and it will leak. A delicate balancing act.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Ah...you bought a coil jig. Yeah like I was saying, its not that difficult to build micro-coils. Its a bit of a learning curve in the beginning. But once you get it right it so much better with cotton. Just be careful your coil or your leads don't touch the deck. (Thats where your DMM comes into play) Also try to keep the coil a millimeter above the air hole so as to not leak. One last thing, and this took me a long time to get right, less is more with cotton. At first you will want to stuff too much cotton in the coil. If you start getting dry hits this is why. Just enough cotton so you can pull it back and forth without it bunching up or pulling the coil. too little and it will leak. A delicate balancing act.

Yeah, it was a coil jig. Looks great. And thanks for that advice.

By the way, I know when its pretty well time to change the coil on a Protank or Cleomizer, but have no idea when, or what signs to look for, when it comes time to build another coil for the Kayfun. Vaping about 6 hours per day. Also, when to change the cotton? At the same time as reinstalling the new wire coil, or sooner?

Thanks Waddle.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
in the beginning you will probably have to rebuild your coils more often. Try to use at least 28 guage wire. You'll have to watch for hotspots as this can cause a burnt taste. The coil jig will help to make tight coils. The legs are where I use to have problems. With a good coil you can last months. But I get too bored to go that long :) Always in search of the perfect build. You have embarked into the world of re-buildables. It can be time consuming depending on your interest level. Its fun none the less.

When vapor production goes down or flavor starts deterioate then your coils are probably gunked. You will know. You'll just remove the cotton, dry burn your coils, and re-wick.

Once you get tired of the Kayfuns, and you will, you can move onto dual coils. My favorite tanks right now are the Orchid and the Fogger. For serious cloud chasing its my Dark Horse RDA.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
in the beginning you will probably have to rebuild your coils more often. Try to use at least 28 guage wire. You'll have to watch for hotspots as this can cause a burnt taste. The coil jig will help to make tight coils. The legs are where I use to have problems. With a good coil you can last months. But I get too bored to go that long :) Always in search of the perfect build. You have embarked into the world of re-buildables. It can be time consuming depending on your interest level. Its fun none the less.

When vapor production goes down or flavor starts deterioate then your coils are probably gunked. You will know. You'll just remove the cotton, dry burn your coils, and re-wick.

Once you get tired of the Kayfuns, and you will, you can move onto dual coils. My favorite tanks right now are the Orchid and the Fogger. For serious cloud chasing its my Dark Horse RDA.

Again Waddle, thanks for that great information. Not only I, but I'm sure many other members, value from the time and effort you dedicate to this lonely Korea forum. You really outta set up shop while the industry is in the booming stage.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yeah it would be nice to have a decent B&M in Korea that sells something other than ego batteries and clearos. A few of the online shops here have some reasonable gear but are way over-priced or severely lacking. I'm always amazed at the size of some of the vape shops in the States. How do you compete with a company like fasttech? :)

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread