Changing color of E juice help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
United States
Hey guys I been buying my a few E juices from Nicoticket and a local shop near me. All are clear in color when purchased. Then when I take my vape to work and leave it in my bag and use it during the day, It is becoming Dark brown very dark brown. I dont know why or what is happening. Is the juice still good this way? Or should I replace it when it gets like this?? Also how do I stop it from doing this? Thanks guys:)

DeathBYzombieZ

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
United States
Are you saying that your liquid is turning to a dark color in the bottle or in your atomizer? As DeathBYzombieZ said above, your liquid can darken as it steeps and ages and that's not a bad thing. Your liquid will also darken in an atomizer as you heat it and that is expected too.

LOL from the information they gave sounds like the juice completely darkened while they were working their shift haha could you imagine? A juice going from clear to dark in 6 hours. Sweet username and picture BTW.

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
United States
in my tank the liqiud is going from clear to dark brown. And this is from just sitting in the tank, barely smoking out of it. It will be clear when I put it in at 5am and dark by 11am IDK what is going on or why.

Does one lose taste or anything from it doing this??

I didnt have this issue before just since its been getting cold. Does temp have anything to do with it?

Thanks guys

DeathBYzombieZ

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
United States
in my tank the liqiud is going from clear to dark brown. And this is from just sitting in the tank, barely smoking out of it. It will be clear when I put it in at 5am and dark by 11am IDK what is going on or why.

Does one lose taste or anything from it doing this??

I didnt have this issue before just since its been getting cold. Does temp have anything to do with it?

Thanks guys

What tank and juice are you using?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
How old is the head/coil?

Your coil/wick material is likely darkening due to caramelization of sweeteners in the juice, when fresh juice intermingles with the wicking material some of the darkness/'gunk' is mixed in with the fresh juice, eventually significantly darkening it.

You should actually be able to watch it happen, fill the tank up with fresh juice (on the same head/coil) then vape it a few times and closely watch the feed holes on the sides of the coil inside the tank.

You'll start to see the darker bleed out of the feed holes into the juice.

Install a fresh head, or soak/clean your current one and it should help quite a bit, but it shouldn't be a major issue.

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
United States
How old is the head/coil?

Your coil/wick material is likely darkening due to caramelization of sweeteners in the juice, when fresh juice intermingles with the wicking material some of the darkness/'gunk' is mixed in with the fresh juice, eventually significantly darkening it.

You should actually be able to watch it happen, fill the tank up with fresh juice (on the same head/coil) then vape it a few times and closely watch the feed holes on the sides of the coil inside the tank.

You'll start to see the darker bleed out of the feed holes into the juice.

Install a fresh head, or soak/clean your current one and it should help quite a bit, but it shouldn't be a major issue.

thanks for the reply, I would say that the Coil is about 2.5 weeks old. How can you clean a coil? I wash out the tank and all parts every week. But I never knew u could clean a coil if that is possible.

Do you lose taste or anything of the sort from the changing of color? Also I would say it is Thicker than what I put into the tank. Is that ok?

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Gravity and Betelguese will get a light shade of yellow on their own over time, but like others have said not over 6 hours. If your coil is 2 1/2 weeks old it is the residue coloring the juice since it is clear by nature. I have a Naut tank filled with Grap3 Ap3 another one of NT's clear juices that I put in about a week ago with a fresh coil and it has only yellowed slightly due to the nicotine in the juice.

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I think the dirty atomizer theory hold the most reasonable explanation. Just started noticing this from last night till this morning. Halo Tribecca juice (which is quite light in color out of the bottle) turned dark in just a few hours. Atomizer in my nautilus tank is over a week old and has not been cleaned. I did this on purpose as I just got the tank and wanted to see how long it would go without any cleaning at all. Guess I got my answer. I will say the darkening of the juice has had little influence on the flavor, but the resistance on my atomizer has gone from 1.6 to 1.8 over 5 6 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread