Changing The E=Liquid Flavor With Cartomizers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I recently bought some "Mega 510" Cartomizers from NHaler. They are pre-filled with "USA Mix 24mg". I have vaped two of them completely out and refilled them about three times with my own "RY4/Fried Apple 12 mg" creation which tastes great in refilled cartridges and when dripping. I use the "condom method" to refill the Cartomizers and fill them until the fluid just starts to come out of the mouthpiece hole. But for some reason, I can't seem to taste the new e-liquid....they still have the USA Mix flavor.

Am I doing something wrong? Why can't I get the new flavor to come through?

Thanks,
Rich

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Buy blanks, or soak those in something and let them dry out very well. The prefilled flavors REALLY like to stick around. I dried a green tea prefilled out and no matter what I flushed through it, it still tasted like green tea.

Now, I know to buy blanks from here on out, but I'd love to know how to salvage some of these. I'm up on washing, repacking/replacing the filler and refilling cartridges, but how would you do that with a Cartomizer? Do you have to actually tear it apart? I think I remember NHaler's site saying these have a soft plug at the mouth, but I haven't tried to take one apart yet.

Thanks in advance!

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Running hot water through them and blowing them out alternately seems to work pretty well and I have also put them in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Judging from the way the water stinks, I know a lot is coming out of there. Drying them afterward is the worst part. I try to blow as much water out as I can with a small compressor and then hit them with a hair dryer. I suppose letting them sit for days might do it, too. Regardless, it's a pain.

StaceyM

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2009
New York
I flush mine out with a turkey baster and hot water. The turkey baster fits nicely into the cart. I dry them with the turkey baster too..it blasts the water out nicely.

For the stronger flavors (like the green tea), boiling would be best. Just remember to take the white caps off first. :D (I use tobacco flavors a lot, (USA, 555, etc) and the baster-flush method does the trick)

When you do the condom refill method, leave the white cap off until you're done. The juice has more room to move, and there's way less spillage.

Then just give it the ol' Taryn spin, and ya have a nice clean fresh brand new carto. :)

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Ok, the end cap came off very easily. Flushed them out with water, then blew them out as much as I could. I've now got them sitting over the a/c vent in the floor to dry. Guess that will take a while, but they look nice and white inside. I'll update if it worked later.

Thanks all!

Rich

PS, Stacey: I agree with you that re-filling them from the top with the white cap off. This may work even better than the condom method. Since the 510 Cartomizers have an "outtie" at the battery end, it was always a little messy using the condom method.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread