Charger Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarredAdams

Apr 13, 2018
My Nitecore i2 charger which i bought not too long ago will not charge my batteries
so i bought new batteries and still the same problem.when i put the batteries in the four lights
illuminate and then after about 2 seconds switches off and no lights illuminate and i cant find any
solutions online please help

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. A bad charger is a possibility, but I wouldn't suspect it first. I use Nitecore chargers and consider them quality gear. I suspect @Sugar_and_Spice has the right of it; you may be putting the batteries in backwards. If not, what kind of batteries are you using?

Last edited:

JarredAdams

Apr 13, 2018
Hi and welcome. A bad charger is a possibility, but I wouldn't suspect it first. I use Nitecore chargers and consider them quality gear. I suspect @Sugar_and_Spice has the right of it; you may be putting the batteries in backwards. If not, what kind of batteries are you using?
im using vtc4s and i am 100% sure they are in the right way

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
im using vtc4s and i am 100% sure they are in the right way
Then I am forced to guess you have a bad one. Warranty it if you can. Xtar also makes good chargers-- I use both brands-- so you may want to try one of those.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a nitecore intellecharger two bay and that has never occurred when I've tried to charge a battery. It sounds like some sort of malfunction, which, (with a charger especially) means don't try to use it, if you've tried all the obvious fixes, either warranty or replace. I have heard good things about the Xtar brand, if I ever need to get another charger, I might consider one.

Best of luck. Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If certain that you are trying to charge the right chemistry batteries (Li-ion), and inserting them in the correct orientation (positive to the top of the charger), and still the batteries are not recognized by the charger, I would say there is a malfunction with the charger.

If purchased not long ago, it should still be covered by a warranty.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I believe there were quite a few issues with that charger - that's why they came out with the New I2. I remember seeing the review on the new one, explaining how all the issues were resolved and it was greatly improved. I have the New I2, and have had no issues at all.

I'd recommend having them send you the new version instead of just swapping for the original version...since it had enough issues that it's model had to be replaced. The new one says New I2 on the box.
upload_2018-4-14_17-13-10.png

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread