Charger organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jperk95

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Gig Harbor WA
Ok, this week it will be 2 months being a 100% vapor. I've got the hardware that's works great, juice I like, but now I have all these chargers and cables everywhere. Not to mention my non-vaping related chargers. So wondering if any of you have created a charging station. I'm thinking about taking a bread box or something like it that can be closed so I don't have to keep looking at this mess all day. I'd love to see pictures of what you have done

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I don't have any pics of my new organization boxes, but they are te little 3 drawer rubbermaid plastic drawers stacked 2 high for six drawers and each drawer is for something different. 510 on top then ego then Go Go then Provari and then adapters and then chargers. It works well for me.

HTH
Nate aka Darth Vapor

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
So wondering if any of you have created a charging station.

:facepalm: Been planning on building a charge station for soooo long... several years actually. I have beucoup batts around for the hurricane season, flashlights, etc. and now vaping. Hoping on a board with fixed chargers and a large power strip in case I need to move it.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Currently, I'm using a Pila charger, that will take the 18650's, 14500's, and CR123a types that I use (and allows me to mix them). That at least gets *me* down to one charger, but the wife is using an Ego type 650 mAH, so I'm still stuck with the 510 type chargers, too. I can't figure any "clean" way to charge a 510 threaded battery from a "slotted" charger.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm going to have to check that out. Didn't think you could charge 3.7 and 3.0 batts on the same charger, but it makes sense that someone would make one. Thanks!

Careful with that one. The Pila is not designed to charge 3.0. Doing so may appear to work, but isn't safe. A lot of the sizes that are available in 3 or 3.2v are also available in 3.7v, so the size is generally not enough info to know which charger.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Careful with that one. The Pila is not designed to charge 3.0. Doing so may appear to work, but isn't safe. A lot of the sizes that are available in 3 or 3.2v are also available in 3.7v, so the size is generally not enough info to know which charger.

That's true, good catch, erich. All mine are 3.7 (rated), so they charge fine. There are, however, hobby chargers that have selectable volts and amps for charging many different batts. I'm not familiar enough with them to know if they will do 2 different batteries at the same time. The Pila will, though, charge virtually any 3.7 batteries, even 2 different sizes at the same time. (For example, an 18650 and a 14500)

I should correct my mention of CR123a types as being too general. Specifically, I use it for 16340's and 18350's, rated at 3.7v for the Screwdrivers (along with 14500's and 18650's, rated at 3.7v for the REOs)

ETA: I should add, too, that I always keep an eye on them as they charge, as well as checking them with a meter before and after charging.

Last edited:

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The Ultrafire WF-188 seems to be the go-to charger in most of the posts for multiple voltages, but it has a manual selector switch that changes both ports to either 3.7 or 3.2. It's actually built kinda shoddily IMO, but it gets the job done. I've been kinda tempted to see if I could take 2 of them and remount their inner workings in a better 4 port holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread