Charging time for AW IMR18650 1600 mah battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
Here is what I have experenced with Efest IMR18650 2000 mAh.

Trustfire TR001 about 10 to 14 hours.
Efest LUC about 2 to 3 hours.

The Trustfire will charge to a full 4.2 volts and the LUC stops at 4.18 volts according to my DVM.

Some people will say slower is better but as long as your charge current is less than 80% of the mAh of your battery your good.
In other words it should take longer than 75 minutes no matter what the mAh rating is.

When you hear terms like one C charge rate all that means is the amount of current it takes to charge a battery in 1 hour.

Check out Battery University for some really good information on battery charging and safety.
Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Current wisdom says it's better to stop just short of 4.2 volts with 4.17 to 4.18 being ideal for longest battery life.

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
Charge time is a function of battery capacity and degree discharged and the effective charge rate of the charger. In general, if you divide the capacity of the battery (In your case, 1600 mAh) by the charge rate (.5A for the Nitecore i2/i4), figure the charger will provide 1500 mAh worth of charge in 3 hours. If you're using a regulated mod, they will never discharge below 3.4v - this means that the "average" charge time will be approximately 2-2.5 hours.

Hope that helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread