Chasing the elusive vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    So I have only been vaping a little over a month and while Im 101% happy with my Provari and Kayfun my mind and tongue tell me that I need to try out a mech mod in search of the ever elusive vape. So far I have purchased a Innokin VV V3, Sigelei 20w and a used Provari V2. Im now on the hunt for a clone mech mod just to satisfy that curiosity that it may be even better than what Ive tried so far.

Im the type of person that dives right in with everything I do and go all out, my vape experience hasnt been any different. I was ripping apart stock Kanger dual coils and re-building them into single coils a week after I starting vaping. To me its serves more than a purpose of not smoking, its a hobby that keeps me occupied which also keeps me from smoking.

Im about to pull the trigger on a 26650 Stingray clone from Focalecigs as they are currently on sale, however in my search for a better vape Im not sure which atty I want to add with it to make it a every once in awhile cloud chasing beast. I have read a lot of post on here and watched several videos on youtube for which atty to get. I dont plan to go with a crazy low ohm build just something to step it up a touch from my kayfun so Im kind of leaning towards a Magma for the deep juice well.

I have read,practice and understand the importance of ohms as it implies to mods,ohms and batteries so Im good there but Im wondering whats everyones thoughts on the elusive vape and the best atty for the 26650 syingray clone????

Ive seen the dark horse popping up here and there but i dont think its out yet ...also might look at the onslaught rda Screenshot_2014-09-04-21-32-27.jpg Screenshot_2014-09-04-21-32-42.jpg Screenshot_2014-09-04-21-32-18.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I've gone from clearomizers to a long satisfying stint with cartotanks on a Provari.

I added a Kayfun Lite Plus to my arsonel and it has become my favorite juice delivery attachment. The best flavor that I've experienced thus far; vapor production is satisfying if not cloud chasing worthy. Stiffer draw than I'd like, even with the air control screw completely removed (requires a mouth to lung inhale; no big deal.) Tough to beat a KFL/Provari combo.

I've also been using a Patriot RDA (dual coils @ 0.6 ohms) on a Silver Bullet mechanical. More vapor production with the ability to do a full lung inhale. Flavor comparable to the Kayfun. It's not always convenient to drip though.

I don't like one more over the other. They all provide a great vaping experience different from the other. (I still love a new carto in a cartotank, too.)

Last edited:

sKo713

Aug 11, 2014
    Houston
    There are tons of good drippers. Even lots of bad ones that can be made to be good with a dremel , drill, and drill bits. Solid copper mech mods you can soak in windex to clean themselves. Stainless mods sometime down the road need maintenance get hot buttons etc and they have higher voltage drop. Get a clone you know also has good contacts. Sucks to get a mech mod clone that's copper with stainless copper plated contacts. Magnetic switches are nice ....but not all magnetic switches are good.

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    My ProVari is crying on my bedside table with his best friend the Kayfun since my Pontus arrived. They keep whining about all the great times we had but I'm not sure I'll ever use them much again, to be honest. I think I'm going to get a 26650 mod, just for battery life, and rock my Pontus everywhere I go.

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2014
    Cayman Islands
    I have a Stingray with a Magma ... Copy cat! :p
    It is a nice setup. You should be very happy with it. I finally found a coil build for the Magma that I like; it took about 20 builds to find it! Everything was too hot or too cold until I saw a build that i thought would work for me and it did. Get your Kanthal ready! :)

eratikmind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2013
    Las Vegas/San Francisco
    I have 2 Magma RDAs. Compared to my Omega, eBaron Pro, IGO L, 454 BB, Plume Veil, and Veritas, the Magma is my favorite for being the best flavor producer. I am still working on maximizing the flavor output with the others . . . The fun continues, as I experiment.

A note on the Infinite Magma clone. Prior to buying my 2nd Paradigm Magma, I had an Infinite to keep costs down. It was excellent. Especially, when considering the $90.00 price difference. However, the negative post, which is pressed in, fell out. Thus, the purchase of the 2nd Paradigm Magma . . . YMMV.

Moving forward, my favorite set-ups for my Magmas are a 1.5Ω/1x coil and a 0.8Ω/2x coil. These 2 set-ups are my vaping favorites, at the moment.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    My wife found her perfect setup over a year ago and I just aimlessly rambled up many different paths to find my perfect vape. My wife got her provari and PT2 and I haven't heard her since but to change coils. I got a army of attys and PV's lined along my desk but I did find good consistent vape with my provari but being capped at 1.2 ohms, its limited. I like my ChiYou and Sentinel, both being heavy and brass I've had no problems with both units at all. Since I rebuild all my own heads for our protanks there is a better vape experience in just that alone. I do enjoy my provari/protank combo for all day vaping but when it comes down to low ohm vaping I'm still rambling down that path to locate that perfect vape and prolly will be for a long time to come.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread