Cheap IMR batts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
One thing to know is that batteries are made in mass and sold in bulk to the name brand suppliers. They test the batteries and keep the best ones to be branded. The rest are sold off to other companies in bulk. Branding a battery can be as simple as applying a heat shrink label with your brand info on it.

If you can find out where the cells were made, that's a good start in the right direction. Look for batteries with Japanese cells. IMR chemistry is safer, so there's not as much risk buying cheap as there is with Li-ion, but I use AW's just for peace of mind.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
One thing to know is that batteries are made in mass and sold in bulk to the name brand suppliers. They test the batteries and keep the best ones to be branded. The rest are sold off to other companies in bulk. Branding a battery can be as simple as applying a heat shrink label with your brand info on it.

If you can find out where the cells were made, that's a good start in the right direction. Look for batteries with Japanese cells. IMR chemistry is safer, so there's not as much risk buying cheap as there is with Li-ion, but I use AW's just for peace of mind.

+1. I use the same batts. I bought my 18500 batts from Nhaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread